Sears & Roebuck Rebuilds

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Sears & Roebuck Rebuilds
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 05:06 pm:

Does anyone know what color a Sears & Roebuck rebuilt T engine was painted? I just finished restoring a T Conversion tractor and am now working on a doodlebug. Both had red-painted engines (one came from Massachusetts, the other from Pennsylvania - so there was no owner connection). In both cases, these were not quickie farmer brush jobs (the remnants of red paint in some areas indicate that both engines had been sprayed red when disassembled. I'm wondering if both were Sears rebuilds?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 05:29 pm:

A Sears & Roebuck rebuilt Model A short block that I bought in the late '50's when I was a kid was painted a medium blue. In fact, in those days, much of Sears & Roebuck's automotive stuff was called "Allstate" and was painted basically that same blue, and some were blue with a bit of orange trim as I remember.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 10:20 pm:

Montgomery Ward offered a rebuilt Model T power plant for less than $500 in the fifties and I think early sixties. Others may know what color these units were.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 11:13 pm:

(Sorry not T but...)I had no idea Sears ever got involved with engine blocks until one day in college a buddy of mine bought a 1950 chevy pick up and cast right into the block on the side was "Sears".

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration