Old photo - wow volkswagon is older than I thought

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old photo - wow volkswagon is older than I thought
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 05:31 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 06:30 pm:

I am working on an engine for a 1911 Westcott. It is a Rutenber engine (not sure of the spelling on that one). It is a pretty high performance engine by 1911 standards. Bore close to 5 inches, oversquare to stroke, five main bearings, big intake and exhaust ports. I understand there was a Westcott in one of the first Indy 500 races and it was doing very well until it was involved in some kind of accident involving someone's riding mechanic. There is a video of the event on Youtube. I am told Westcott gave up on cars and was at least recently still in business making business furniture and equipment. There are only a handful of Wescotts left

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 06:43 pm:

I wonder how many years they made the cars?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 06:45 pm:

Erik, can't believe I forgot to ask if you can share a few photos of that interesting sounding engine here as long as we are O.T. anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 09:23 pm:

Wescott autos were made in Springfield, Oh. 1916 through 1925. Averaged about 1000 cars a year.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration