Clutch pack

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Clutch pack
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 06:47 pm:

OOPS !!when did ford do away with the thick clutch disk??I looked in the old dikes book from 1920 it said 25. then I saw the thick ones in a stack of a 100 or so. it must include one of those too. wrong to thick clutch won't let go. bummer now I will have to take it all apart to fix it. charleyclutch disk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 06:53 pm:

Charley,

I think that thick disc was discontinued in about April 1916. My 16 touring had one when I rebuilt the transmission. It was referred to as a spacer disc and I think was replaced by the three smaller discs inside the later transmissions.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 07:21 pm:

If I understand correctly, the spacer goes at the bottom. The lugs on the brake drum don't go down as far as the later drums. 1916 sounds about right.
Bummer if you have to tear it down again.
You could use it as long as the compressed stack is 1 1/8 tall. You would just replace it with 2 large and 1 small disk for the later clutch packs.
I had a couple (didn't know what they were till they went away) and as I recall they looked like 3 large disk spot welded (?) together.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration