Accessory COIL BOX TERMINAL INSULATOR PROTECTIVE COVER

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Accessory COIL BOX TERMINAL INSULATOR PROTECTIVE COVER
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 01:47 am:

This accessory that Lang's selling on ebay, I have never seen before.
Interesting detail.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Accessory-COIL-BOX-TERMINAL-INSULATOR-PROTECTIVE-COVER-Model-T-Ford-1909-1927-/321297231156?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4acecead34&vxp=mtr

Ake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 06:53 am:

I just put back my coil box yesterday, and the thought entered my mind that some type of rubber seal behind the box may help in rain.

Seeing this straight away bought back memories of a Morris Mini Minor I had where because the motor was transverse and the distributor ended up in front behind the grill BMC (British Motor Corp) put a rubber boot over the distributor cover. Those damn cars stopped every time it looked like rain.

I removed the boot and never had any more trouble. Looks to me one of these may trap moisture and drying it out may be a lot more of a problem than not having it. Never the less neat accessory - Jay do you have one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 09:19 am:

Peter, Nope, and this is the first one I have ever seen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 09:46 am:

Here is an adv for that style coil box protector, but the one on eBay is the first I have seen of these too. :-)

And here is another style, with flat rubber gasket behind the coilbox.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 11:21 am:

If you have a car with a 14-25 coilbox, and have gotten caught in a rain storm, you will know why they developed these. They must have worked?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration