So How Many Cell Phone Photos Per Mile Do You Get Driving Your Model T??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: So How Many Cell Phone Photos Per Mile Do You Get Driving Your Model T??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 11:51 am:

I drive one of our Model T's around town for shopping trips more then I drive our modern rides. On an average 15 mile round trip shopping I get from 3 to 5 people hanging their cells phones out the window as they pass me, and that's just the people I notice doing so. Then there's the people walking in the parking lot that whip their phone out taking photos as I drive by or when I am parked.

So how many photos per mile do you notice you get driving your T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 11:55 am:

I don't know how many per mile, but if I had a nickel for each one, and a penny for every thumbs-up, I could build one of those big shops and fill it with cars and parts!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 12:10 pm:

Everywhere you drive, you are your own parade, and everywhere you park, you are your own car show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 12:16 pm:

Yeah what Steve said, Mostly I see them slow down to match my speed so they can take videos one day I will search you tube and se if I can find my "T"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 12:29 pm:

I have almost stopped paying attention to the people taking photos when I am out driving. Except for that one guy that almost sideswiped me! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 12:38 pm:

Yes to all above, just gets to me when they honk just after passing me and it makes me jump a little. Mostly it is great because folks of allll ages do love to see a model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 12:49 pm:

The ratio of people who think it's really cool to those who could care less or think I'm slowing up their life by driving it is probably 4:1.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 01:20 pm:

Kay-in ;Northern Calif.

What really amazes me is when I pull into an overlook up on one of the passes the people stop taking pictures of the scenery and start taking pictures of the T.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert E. (Bob) Blackbourn, Gautier Ms. on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 02:05 pm:

One young fellow started asking questions when I was filling up a the local gas station. He asked what engine it had, was it a Slant Six. I said no its a straight four. "Never heard of it" he said.

I made and installed a whistle in the Model A. Get a few "double takes" with that :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 02:53 pm:

It's constant, it never stops. I have witnessed paparazzi like scenes on some busy corners. One time, a guy stopped in front of me at a green light and jumped out to take a picture. I have never seen another Model T in my large city so I guess nobody else has either. I still don't understand why so many have to startle me by honking the horn though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 03:10 pm:

Dave, I can do without the horn honking especially when people come up along side you. I don't know about others here but I am several times more aware when I am driving the T then I am driving a modern car. I'd rather die with gray hair in my sleep then end up road rash at the hands of some texting fool!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 03:18 pm:

Happens all the time. Because I drive a Speedster, I'm kind of out in the open so I also get people rolling down their windows and asking questions. Mostly when stopped, but not always! Everything from "What is that? to "What year is that?" to "Is that legal?" One of my favorite common comments is "Cool convertible!" I decline to point out to them that to be a convertible it would actually have to have a top that I could put up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 04:20 pm:

I have tried doing a photo back of them but could not find the take picture button on my phone .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 12:33 am:

I'm good for 4/5 and some vid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 10:58 pm:

In our house we call it smiles per mile. I do agree I could do without the horns.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 11:25 pm:

i was trailering my coupe to the 2009 Co/Wy tour and was amazed at the people who would be hanging out the window with phones and cameras to take a picture, it took four days to Loveland because of bad weather.

Rick

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration