Look what stowed away across the Atlantic

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Look what stowed away across the Atlantic
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 03:54 pm:

If you have a F100 full of motors, axles, transmissions you want to ship from US to UK, you can spend a lot of money having them crated or palleted, OR you can just drive the F100 into a container and ship the lot. Which is what my pal Colin did, and I persuaded this little fellow to stowaway in the back of the container.

June 1924, 1990s restoration, it's a 10-footer, up close there are some paintwork issues, but I want it as a driver to take the pressure off touring my slightly fragile 09.

It's got a lot of that new-fangled electrickery, like a generator and electrick light, which I don't fully understand. It's on 12v - how do I tell if it's been properly converted? The generator doesn't charge, I've put a meter on it, no output.

Also it's got a distriburator so I need to find a coilbox and coils to make it proper. And it has a Z head. It was advertised in Hemmings, claiming to have only a few hundred miles on the motor. The D***tor thingy looks brand new. The vendor was supposed to be sending me a dossier on the restoration, but no sign yet.

Haven't been for a drive yet, not allowed until it has British plates, but my buddy is coming over with his dealer plates so we can do some testing.

It's fun getting a new car to play with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 04:16 pm:

Congrats, Jem!

That car looks like a mate to the one from this area. Can't remember the Brit owner's name, but maybe you know him? Neil something. Worked in medicine and visited here 11 years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 04:31 pm:

Oh yes, Ralph, I know Neil Hand, his is a 26, fitted with a Warford. He had a bit of trouble with it on our Scottish Centenary tour in 2008 so rode with us in the 09 for a day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 05:08 pm:

Very nice and glad to hear you intend to make the electrical correct again.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration