HELP-Seeking Model T owner in Australia or New Zealand

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: HELP-Seeking Model T owner in Australia or New Zealand
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 12:10 pm:

A few years ago I corresponded by email with a fellow in "Stralia or NZ who had a Kingston five coil (one master vibrator) coilbox on his early Model T.
His coils and box was in poor condition and he was seeking help repairing them. Few months ago I found a nice Kingston five coilbox on ebay.
I have lost track of the fellow "down under" and wanted to get in touch so we could arrange for the item i purchased to be gotten to him.
If any of you know this fellow could you please ask him to contact me at modeltcoils@windstream.net
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 04:07 pm:

Ron, I have sent you a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 02:05 pm:

Thanks Dave
Dave Bailey is the fellow i was seeking.
The Kingston five coil master vibrator coilbox I found on eBay is on the way to OZ.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 05:56 am:

Ron, thank you for thinking of David and his very unusual Kingston coil box. I can assure you that it has found a good home and will be a great spare for his 1910. Here is a photo of David's car #18732.

David uses his 1910 Canadian tourer regularly. Last September at the national rally in the Barossa we were privileged to have not one 1910, but 2. On the last day David Bailey(1910 tourer), Alan Long (1910 tourer), Ian Voysey 1913 tourer and I with a borrowed 1913 tourer all decided to leave Kapunda together and look after each other on the return to Tanunda.

What was great here were 4 stock veteran Ts, no Z heads, Ruckstells or gearboxes, all on coils and standard Ford commutators all doing the same speed and chugging along splendidly. I knew Freeling Hill was coming, quiet a reasonable hill but top gear all the way. What unfolded in front of us was unbelievable, a 1910 take another 1910 on a hill. What a rare treat indeed. David got the better of Alan that day!

That was a highlight for me that I will remember & talk about for years.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration