Model TT 26 rivets on brake

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Model TT 26 rivets on brake
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenny on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 05:56 pm:

how do i put new rivets on shoes.the old ones were clinch on the band.or do i counter sink band and clinch on shoe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 06:37 pm:

You countersink the lining and then peen them on the shoe. Make sure you are using the hollow brass rivets and not the band lining type.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 07:00 pm:

I found one of these tools on Tbay, it made the job easy. It comes with instructions, a stepped drill bit to countersink the linings (drill about halfway into the new lining), and the proper shaped punch to peen over the hollow ends of the rivets.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAKE-RIVET-TOOL-A-G-60-B-50-520-H-70-620-630-720-730-820-830-R-530-JOHN-DEERE-/350840692934?pt=BI_Heavy_Equipment_Parts&hash=item51afbc20c6

When you're done, the linings should look like this:

lining01

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kenny on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 09:37 pm:

thanks

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration