Help Identifying Parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Help Identifying Parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 12:26 am:

Howdy all!

I need some help identifying the years of these parts and what they went too. I want to make sure I get them labeled right and then decide what I want to keep for a project and get rid of the rest. I numbered them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 12:27 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 12:27 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 12:28 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 12:29 am:

And I almost forgot this fuel tank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 02:04 am:

Benjamin, as far as I know:

The fuel tank is not T.
Photo 3 shows a splash shield from a high radiator car, 1923-25. The two holes at the far left on the photo show where the hood hooks go through the panel. Two holes mean the panel is for a later car.
The photos numbered 2 show a rear fender to suit a 1917-1925? tourer/roadster, based on my experience with Canadian cars. Others will know more.

Hope this helps.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 03:02 am:

Number 1 is a sedan right rear fender. Allen R B is right I think on the others. I would add, I think number 3 may be also for a sedan. But I do not know for sure. However, most of the side aprons I have had had one more mounting tab near the back. Someone else will I hope elaborate better.
The gasoline tank looks like one from a '50s air compressor I used to have.
So what is your project?
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 03:46 am:

The fuel tank is most likely Jeep CJ2A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave DeYoung ......... Stoughton, WI on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 07:37 am:

Ed is right on the gas tank. 45-53 Willys cj2a, cj3a and maybe cj3b.

What shape is it in and how much do you want for it? My brother is big into the old Willys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 12:50 pm:

The first fender shown is for a sedan 1924 or 1925. Probably used in '23 also. I recall they used a splash apron like you have for sedans but chanced to one with a more pronounced curve for sedans in late '24 or early '25.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 01:18 pm:

Thanks all for the help!

Im still a newbie at this, but even after looking in parts books had a few issues with these parts. I had a thought that the one fender was for a sedan, but I thought I would check with all of you since you all would know!

Wayne, i am working on a Model T railcar. I have a M19 Fairmont chassis with an Onan engine and I am extending out the frame to match T specs. I have parts to build a hybrid 1913-1916 T . Excepting the rear fenders. I am building a wood firewalled body similar to a depot hack type but only with a front seat and back seat like a Touring. I have 16 inch wheels, wish I could find 20 inch! Similar to the RGS no 1 pics below:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 01:20 pm:

Ed & Dave,
As for the fuel tank, I didnt think it was a T one either, but Im still learning parts and the fella I got a lot of parts from said it was for a later one. I never would of thought it would of went to a Willys Jeep! Thanks!

Dave I will PM you.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration