Fore wheel brake ad

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Fore wheel brake ad
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 02:45 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 03:01 pm:

Gosh Herb, at first I thought you couldn't spell four. :-)

Interesting item. I imagine the pedal it came with replaced the stock pedal?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stefan Schaller on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 04:57 pm:

Have you ever seen this real on a car?
Would be nice to see!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 05:04 pm:

Interesting concept for actuating. I'd like to see the inside where the lever is connected.

I made and installed front brakes on my Torpedo that I copied from the McNearney and the Big Four ones that were made back in the 20's for the T's. They're somewhat similar to the Bennetts that I have on the rear. They really work pretty good and are getting better the more I drive it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 08:58 pm:

I just wonder if someone say, Art Bell could look up some patent info on this.
It might give some more insight into how they worked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 10:58 pm:

Hi Herb

I'm one jump ahead of you, but could only find French and UK patents,
and neither had any usable drawings or text.

http://tinyurl.com/kgxl955

http://tinyurl.com/lgyrvrh

Just tried a search of the USPTO for patents matching by International patent
classification for all of 1925, and brought up 21 possible, but I could not find
a positive name or description to connect any of them as well.
It doesnít mean there isnít one, but I could not find it.

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 11:05 pm:

Whoops - looks like the links don't work - No loss really . . .

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration