Top bows

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Top bows
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Hickey on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 11:56 am:

looking to replace the broken bows on my 1912? model t touring. just below the curve of my existing front bow the I.D. is 55" the O.D. is 57". the I.D. of the top saddle arm bracket is 52". so much of this car tells me that it's not a 1912 then there is just as much that tells me it's not a 1913. but none of these dimensions match what Lang's or Mac's have. is the top of the canopy supposed to be that much larger than the base and what year bows do I order? any help is appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By william louis rosenthal on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 02:48 pm:

If your sockets are correct 1912, the bows should be 56" O.D. width. You will need to fit the bows to your sockets, where you will need to whittle the ends and set bottom-out length for preferred fit. As in many T body early applications, tolerance is generously +/- 1/2 inch.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William A. Reep III on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 02:18 pm:

Bill... sent you an email about bows.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration