Ran When Parked

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Ran When Parked
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 12:07 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 12:17 pm:

Wait a min. there are at least a thousand dollars (E_bay value) left on that car!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 12:21 pm:

That's in better shape than a lot of the stuff some guy's brag about draggin' home here! It looks like it's still being scavanged for parts too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 12:24 pm:

Where is it? I aint skeered!:>)
Alot of good parts there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 12:34 pm:

The photo was taken at the Painted Desert.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 12:34 pm:

Ran when parked? I don't think so. Looking at the empty vistas all around, I'd have kept that running as long as I could! Nobody's had those fenders 'cos it's a long walk home. Any ideas where it is?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 01:30 pm:

What a timesaver! It's already been sandblasted!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 01:51 pm:

It just needs a light tune up and Wallah! Drive it home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 01:55 pm:

Yeah most of that obvious sheet metal damage should buff right out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 01:56 pm:

I wonder what year that block is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Mullis on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 02:50 pm:

Take the guy out, add oil paint and presto...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 05:16 pm:

Would love to come across that here in Ecuador!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 05:39 pm:

Somebody is good with photoshop.
Wonder who else we could put in there instead of that person?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 06:09 pm:

If it's in the Painted Desert...then does that make it property of the National Park? I ran across a fender that looked better than some I've seen at swap meets, that a tree grew around in Capitol Reef National Park in Utah...I really wanted that fender at the time, but no amount of yanking or pushing on the tree would make it come loose and I don't think I could've gotten away with chopping the tree down to rescue the fender...I don't think you could declare a rescue mission here either and take any of these parts...it would be considered part of the landscape and probably has already be inventoried by the National Park Service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 06:44 pm:

Sans inflation it's worth more now than new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 06:51 pm:

It's a fake....no bullet holes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 07:43 pm:

Almost perfectly preserved, Repaired and drive it, no paint required, The colour is perfect just the way it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 07:45 pm:

Wheres the bullet holes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 08:45 pm:

Looks better than what I started with for my first T about 25 years ago. If its in the Painted Desert and is on National Park property. It is a federal crime to remove anything or deface it in anyway. It is considered "poaching" or covered under the "antiqueties laws" I got caught with a metal detector on National park land in Arkansas years ago. I had asked permission from a land owner that adjorned Arkansas Post National Park to look on his property. It is a civil war park near the Mississippi River. I was using the detector when a Park Ranger came by and asked what I was doing . I said looking for relics on the farmers property. He informed me I was on Park property. In that area it was thick grown up briers and thickets. I had some how got about 5 feet onto the park land. Its boundery line was blazed on the trees and I was accidently on the wrong side of the marks. I was arrested, hauled to jail, my truck and metal detector impounded, had to post bond, then on court date I had to subponea the poor land owner to come to court and tell the judge that I had asked permission to look his land. Since I was only 5 feet on park land the charges were dropped, and I got my truck and metal detector back. I also received a very stern warning to never show up in his court again. They take it very seriously and are somewhat anal about it. So if on federal land and you find something neat. I would suggest to take pictures and nothing else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 08:49 pm:

The bullet holes are in the engine. Owner shot it AFTER it died. Tossed the seat cushion on his back and hiked out. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 08:53 pm:

Judging by the windshield, low radiator shell and rest of it, It is a 1923. Pretty nice shape: I hauled lots of stuff in worse shape home years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 10:49 pm:

coil boxlooks like it had a switch on it which is too early for the rest of the remains. Baloon tire rim wasn't available till 25. Looks like maybe a hodge podge

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 11:28 pm:

Seriously, there's some really nice pieces of metal there, Don.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 01:13 am:

That's the lowest low rider I've ever seen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 10:20 am:

Looks like someone has already made off with the body panels, but I wonder why they left the front door?

A few years ago there was 1911 Torpedo chassis on ebay that had been found in the mountains, but I don't know how many years ago it had been found. I figure that all of the remains of brass era Model Ts have already been carted off from government land, by now. Any later stuff, like the one pictured, is not worth the chance of being caught. Donnie is right, the government has no since of humor these days. There was a time when the government wouldn't have cared. They didn't want any junk on public land. Now, it's usually best to leave the junk alone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 10:27 am:

LOL Dennis - seat cushion on his back . . . that's good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 07:20 pm:

Seth,
After he got back he didn't have saddle sores on his back--he looked like a pincushion from the springs. :-) I know the feeling--I carried
lots of parts out miles when I was younger.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration