Journey's End

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Journey's End
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 12:36 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 12:56 pm:

I'd hate to be the guy standing in front of the radiator reading from the bible when the guy holding the gun pulls the trigger. looks like he'll totally miss the car and hit something else...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 01:13 pm:

Geez Jim. Can we pretend he's aiming at the radiator. The thought of the one guy shooting the other guy, well, you know, like you're kind of alluding to, makes my eyes water. It's getting to hard to read these posts like this. And what, with him reading the bible and all, there's a chance he's a man of the cloth. But then if he's a priest well then...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 01:36 pm:

Sorry to make your eyes water, Mike. LOL! Okay. we can pretend, but it sure looks like he's pointing over the radiator. Moral of the story. Watch where you are shooting. :-) Jim Patrick

PS Sorta reminds me of the WWII cartoon by Bill Mauldin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 01:47 pm:

I knew I'd seen that somewhere before. I kept envisioning a lawn mower, but you cleared it up. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 01:59 pm:

I'm not sure which Reedstrom this was done by. Whoever did it certainly had a good feel for boiling radiators and Muddy roads. Mike Roberts (HCCA) and Glenn Embree (MTFCA) certainly told great stories though their magazine covers. Goggling Reedstrom, I found another post card of this style with a Cowgirl in a T but it didn't give me a first name.
Great Art.
Thanks again Jay

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 02:01 pm:

Spell check didn't like Googleing. Hope you get what i was saying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 06:04 pm:

Mike,
Your posting reminded me of cutting my mother's lawn the summer after mount St. Helens barfed up. My mother's house was directly downwind of the mountain and received 5-6" of ash. Anyway, after the ash was cleaned up best as possible I was cutting the lawn with her electric mower. It slowed down, got hot,seized up and started to smoke. I pulled the plug and went to get a cool one; sat on the steps and watched as it burned up plastic parts, wiring etc. The neighbor asked if he could help by adding some gas to the fire. My mother looked at the conflagration and said: "you'd do anything to avoid cutting the grass" (but she was smiling). Could have shot that mower.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 09:46 pm:

That's the Model T owners manual he's reading. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 09:47 pm:

He told the driver it needs a water pump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 11:09 pm:

Col Potter shot his jeep after Burns ran over it with a tank. It was just on. Funny the cartoon would get posted as that's what I thought about when he did it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 05:03 am:

Dennis H! I loved that story.

The picture makes me think of my boat-tail and its headlamps. About forty years ago, at a swap meet, I found this interesting pair of model T headlamps. Looking them over very closely, it was quite apparent that someone had spent a fair bit of time heating and bending the standard T headlamp posts into a sort of "goose-neck" in order to make them sit lower and slightly forward of their original mounting location. Being interested in anything "original era speedster", I of course had to buy them, in spite of the fact that one of them was not in very good condition.
One lamp bucket was rusty from a few decades hanging around outdoors. Otherwise, it was as straight as new except for the nicely done goose-neck post.
The other lamp, that poor goose-neck post had been bent back till the lamp looked up at nearly forty-five degrees. The round front of the bucket was in an oval shape with beautifully round dents pressed about an inch or more deep. The area to mount the rim was flattened completely into the bucket top and bottom.
In addition to all this damage, were three bullet holes, two of which appeared to have been made by one bullet.

I can see it all so clearly. It is the roaring '20s! Some farmer's kid has built himself his cut down speedster. He has done some things to make it special, including so carefully bending those headlamp posts to exactly match and give his car that extra low look in the front.
He goes out one day, having a bunch of fun, and has a few drinks as well. Roaring down the back-roads he loses control and slams the car into a tree. Climbing out of the car, he looks at the smashed and bent headlamp, pulls his revolver out of its holster and puts two shots into the offending lamp.
I didn't say he was a smart farmer's kid. But he did take both headlamps, wired them together, and hung them on the barn wall where they remained until found by an antique automobile hobbyist who then took them to a swap meet.
Eventually, The right project came along. I managed to completely straighten that bent lamp and almost perfectly reshape the post back to matching the other one (harder to do than you might think). I don't want anything else on that boat-tail for headlamps. They seem to be happy there.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 06:13 am:

Don't forget Buster Keaton posed for one as well.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration