Early bird Swap meet reminder

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Early bird Swap meet reminder
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 02:21 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 04:30 pm:

Well if I cant my firearm I aint going dag nag it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 06:12 pm:

Will

Sorry about that , but you know about all the bleeding harts we have trained and elected to high places. Isn't that a bummer.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 07:41 pm:

REALLY....... What would you even do with a firearm at a old car swap meet anyway?? there is a time and a place for firearms. you need a reality check. Thank God you won't be there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 07:44 pm:

Only need it if a price negotiation is not going well. Kidding.

Yaahoooo, I am off that week end.

Keith, are you up for it? Can we park closer this time? I may buy something heavy again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 07:45 pm:

I'm pretty sure Will and Bob were also kidding....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 07:46 pm:

Soooo, I guess bombs are out too?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 07:55 pm:

I'm sure your right Erich, make sure and stop by the Carbon Canyon booth or Bill Benders booth sure to be some good model T buys. hope to see you there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 08:17 pm:

Hey Erich,
If you get there about 7:30 you can park a couple hundred feet away!
That's what we do and drink coffee and soak up some BS waiting in line till 8.
Hope to see you there.
Mike & Bob & Keith & Stan & all the rest too!
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 08:21 pm:

Thanks for the plug, Mike ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 08:27 pm:

I will, even Steve's booth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 08:29 pm:

Thanks Erich - be glad to see you !

Wow - no respect, no respect at all ! Even from my own club !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 08:55 pm:

Steve, I hear you are going to have a happy hour with discount pricing? Can't wait.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 10:00 pm:

Be_Zero_Be be there :-)

Are we going to gather again?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 10:18 pm:

Sorry Steve,
my bad! I forgot, or I planned on buying all your parts and did not want the competion. Likely is was the first one as my money is already spent as you know. To make amends I will tell all my friends of the Great Deals at Steve's booth! looking forward to seeing you there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 10:36 pm:

Let's meet up someplace...maybe a club booth...or?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 10:40 pm:

Bob - Why not at the Carbon Canyon Club's booth? Besides the fun "T"BS, it might help sales just a bit!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 10:56 pm:

OK...how about meeting at the Carbon Canyon club booth at 11:00?
Maybe one of you guys in the know can post the booth's location.
If a different time would be better we can change it.
We have plenty of time to BS about this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 11:06 pm:

Sounds good to me Bob. And near a main entrance like we did last year isn't always good as it tends to be more crowded and congested by a main entrance.

Like Bob said, somebody post something in this thread about the Carbon Canyon Club's location when they learn it,....okay?

We are talking about on the Saturday, right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 11:10 pm:

Saturday is the day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 11:11 pm:

One other thought,......we'll make sure that Steve Tomaso (Carbon Canyon Club's safety inspector) knows where the Carbon Canyon booth is, so if anyone has trouble finding the CCMTFC booth they can ask at the STEVE's "T" WORKS booth!

(.........how's that for a "plug" Steve?..........)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 01:01 am:

I be there at 11:00.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 01:57 am:

Sorry, guys.
I'll be on a camp-out with my son's scout troop that weekend, so I can't make it this year.
: ^ (

Kids are only kids short time. He's 15 now. I've been going to the Early Bird swap meet since I was his age! There will always be next year.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 02:26 am:

A few of us Canadians plan on coming down for the fun.
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 06:03 am:

Being on the wrong coast theres a good chance I wont make it, But you never know with us guys from New Jersey. {Forget about it}!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 07:35 am:

Mike - what is the use of training to protect yourself and then not having the tool to do it when needed Kinda like going on a 600 mile tour in your "T" and leaving your tools in the garage, "Why would you need a tool kit on a modern highway?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 08:04 am:

During my military days I was forced to live, sleep and eat with my weapon, Then my career as a Federal police officer it was strapped to my side everyday. I never left the house without it. Today now that I'm retired my weapon sits in the safe. I don't care if I ever see it again. Nuf said, I'd rather not want this thread to turn into a political thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 10:30 am:

Sure, Mike !

For the best deals Erich, talk to Diane - the heavier the part, the cheaper it is !

Thanks Harold - we'll see you all there !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 11:30 am:

I've given heavy stuff away near the end of a swap meet just so I don't have to haul it back home.
I've also hauled away other guys' freebies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 06:54 pm:

What could be heavier than a whole model T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 07:34 pm:

A model T with a spare engine sitting on the seat!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris becker on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 12:35 am:

Bob sounds like Clayton and I will be coming upnto check things out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 07:40 pm:

BUMP !!

To all of you in the land of the World Champion Seattle Seahawks :

Don't forget - next Saturday, Feb 15, 11:00 at the Carbon Canyon Booth, at the Puyallup Early Bird Swap Meet.

See you there :-) :-) :-)

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 08:18 pm:

I'll be there with my wifey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 08:36 pm:

Ditto Bob! I'll be there with your wife to! (Think I'd better bring mine as well).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 08:48 pm:

Spaces 15-31 and 15-32 at the Early Bird Swap Meet. We think it is the same as last year!!

Check your email!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 10:42 pm:

Don't for get a picture. I'll See you there.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 11:23 pm:

Just put it into my reminder file.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 11:43 am:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Renea Aldrich in Orting,WA on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 11:39 am:

I will be there to!!! Shopping!!!

I think this is a great place to take John Aldrich for his birthday weekend. Maybe he will pick out his own birthday present.....

Be-Zero_Bee I would like to speak with you. I have been emailing Kathleen E.

Here's to Saturday!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Dorey on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 12:56 pm:

Hi, New to this forum and a new T owner. I'm coming down to the swap meet and have been there last year too. Looking for a place to have a good breakfast close to the meet, needs to be open early so I don't miss any good deals.
I have a 1926 touring that was cut down to a pickup and I want to turn it into a speedster. So I will be on the look out for speedster parts, seats, tank, toolbox, ect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 02:27 pm:

There's a restaurant right across the street on the north side...within about 100 ft of the gate.
You can come early enough to get a good parking spot and walk to eat then walk to the meet.
A bunch of T freaks are meeting at 11:00 at the Carbon Canyon Club booth.
If you ask anybody selling T parts where it is they should know.
Spaces 15-31 &32 inside the expo hall.
See ya there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 07:40 pm:

I plan on being there... But not sure I should get involved, I wouldn't want to drastically lower the mean age of the group in the photo. ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 07:51 pm:

Funny Mike - notice I'm not in that photo ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 08:03 pm:

We're all in our 30's and 40's...that's what messing around with these old rigs does to you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 08:10 pm:

Mike Robison - "Mean age"? We're only "mean" early in the morning before the coffee kicks in! That's why we're meeting at 11:00am, we should all (well,...most of us) be relatively friendly by then!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Dorey on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 08:39 pm:

Is that Cattin's or Don's drive in?
Will stop by the booth for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 08:57 pm:

Cattin's - Good place!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Dorey on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 09:09 pm:

Thanks, looking forward to a great swap meet weekend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 09:51 pm:

Any one have any TT break parts, I need every thing from the backing plates to the break drums, have new wooded wheels. Let me know if you can help(and price) don't like to be short of money in pocket.

Thanks
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 10:51 pm:

Sez, No Pets, so guess I'll have to leave my wife home, damn no gun ,no wife, no fun??? what's this country coming to? Actually I do agree this is no place for firearms, even though you can carry at Starbucks.

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 03:17 pm:

Setup day tomorrow.
I'll be out front on the sidewalk about 7:30 Sat. morning with my wicked witch (no pets allowed) and a cup of coffee in hand.
Been a long winter.
I'm going to stick a piece of tape on my jacket with my name on it.
If you guys do that too we might meet up easier.
See ya there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 06:51 pm:

Bob
I'll be inside weighting for you Hope that I didn't buy all the things your looking for. Ha Ha.

see you there Bob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 03:47 am:

Bringing the 1920 dodge brothers touring down around 9am Friday. Should be a fun day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 08:34 am:

Heading north today so I can visit the Lemay car museum on the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 09:27 am:

Erich,
One of the T guys who meets us at Tenino for lunch volunteers at the Museum.
Jake Rutt.
Might be worth looking him up (if he's there today).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 11:42 am:

Bring your rain gear - it's going to be a wet one.

Be_Zro_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 11:49 am:

Yeah...I have my web feet on!
Oh yeah...I can't get rid of 'em.
We already have umbrellas and hooded rain coats sitting by the front door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 04:43 pm:

Had a fine time in spite of the rain. It was good to see several of you folks (really enjoyed visiting with the guys and gals I saw) and I picked up a few items to boot. Steve Tomaso, thanks again for the parts and graciousness. Look forward to seeing that shop soon. Here is a look at the loot as well as the cars both at the meet and at the fantastic Lemay car museum.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bruckzone/sets/72157641069604643/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 06:50 pm:

You are most welcome Erich.

Good to see everyone - sorry I couldn't attend the get together at 11:00 - had to "man the store".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 05:01 pm:

Erich Touched on it, those of you who were there hunting for items, What did you bring home that you're proud of. I picked up an American Bosch Side drive magneto bracket for a T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 05:09 pm:

Mike - Nice score on the AB side drive magneto bracket! I found a nice Otwell manifold heater for my Model A!

However, to keep this Model "T" related, I was able to meet a couple more forum guys (including you Mike) and "B zero B", plus a few others that I don't see very often, and that is one of the main attractions of the Early Bird Swap Meet for me! Now, looking forward to Chickasha,........harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 05:17 pm:

Great score, Mike - good to see you & thanks for swinging by our booth.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration