Chickasha, who's going?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Chickasha, who's going?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 02:31 pm:

We will be in our same spots with good sales this year, who else is going to be there, Bob
If you are you need to book a room most are going fast I heard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 03:07 pm:

Bob: list might be shorter if you ask " Who is not going?" Last I saw there were no rooms, something about an oil boom there.

I will be there. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 03:36 pm:

I just checked the Holiday Inn and they had a few left, hope the weather up here gets better trailer is snowed in, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 04:17 pm:

My room is ready.

Just shopping, not selling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 04:26 pm:

I'm delivering parts sold over the past few months, that\'s my excuse to Heather, so I'm sticking to it. I have my room at the Best Western. Hope there is no snow, my fair weather truck (Chevy) would be shocked....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 04:34 pm:

I will be in my usual spaces, NF 9 & 10 in the west side of the North building. Email me for an advance catalog of my new parts for Ts and early horseless carriage coils.

My brother Jon will also be there next to my spaces in NF 7 & 8 with his top bows, floorboards, and body wood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 04:50 pm:

And my Coupelet wood? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 09:12 pm:

Steve: It looks like we have the same room. Two friends of mine and myself stay on the spaces. We are in spaces SL 12, 13 and 14. I like to stay at the meet. It gives more looking time. We have air mattresses, a microwave, Food, and most important... electric blankets ... We have a good time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 09:14 pm:

Our Chickashea room spaces SL 12 13 14 our Chickashea room sl 12 13 14

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 10:03 pm:

John Steele and I will be there. I gave John my outside spaces along the side walk between the two buildings and will setting up in the north building -- east room -- with some carburetors and small items. Rob Heyen has a table right beside mine. He will also be selling some small items.

I have a lot of bigger stuff I'd like to bring but it is so far to haul big stuff and I am so busy I don't have time to get much of anything ready.

We are staying in Norman or somewhere like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 10:18 pm:

Does anybody have an original speedster body in any condition to sell and bring to Chickashea. Im in need of one in any condition .. Just thought I would place an early order ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 10:27 pm:

I'm coming,or at least planning on it. I hope to have a rewooded/ready to sand and paint 24 roadster body. We are also staying in Norman.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 08:17 am:

I'm going! First time too! Just a buyer, won't be selling.

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 08:19 am:

Wait just to be sure, there isn't some other Chickasha meet BEFORE March 21st is there?

'Cause I'm going to the one in March! :-)

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 08:53 am:

I was but now going to the A show in Wichita. You all have a great time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 09:54 am:

I'll be there. In the usual place in North building on the West side. Ron Patterson will be with us and Don Lang will be piling his stuff on our site too ha ha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 09:56 am:

Peter, there are three Chickasha swap meets. The prewar meet we all attend is in March. The fall meet is much bigger but mostly postwar. The May meet is much smaller, and also mostly postwar. When I had the sign business I attended all three at least once. The March prewar meet was a regular thing for me. It was one of my favorite meets because I sold signs for Mitchell, Stutz, Cord, Pierce, Cole, and so on. Folks at other meets had no idea what those were. I went to the fall meet a few times, and usually did OK. I tried the May meet once, and it was miserable. There were few vendors and fewer customers. That was years ago, so maybe it's better now. It has to be. It couldn't have gotten any worse.

Tyrone, why not both? If circumstances limit you to one or the other, Chickasha is the one for Model T stuff. You'll find a few Model T items at Wichita, but not like Chickasha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter B. Szumowski on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 11:53 am:

Total Recoil will be at the usual spaces North building. Spaces NF5 and 6. We will have a limited supply of rebuilt field coils. Contact us with your needs so we will be able to fill your requests. If time permits we will have other auto related items. Sucker Table will again be back by popular demand.
Wally Szumowski

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 01:32 pm:

I'll go if someone needs something haul there or back within Topeka, Ks and between here and chickasha.

Steve, you are correct as to Chichasha being the T swap no doubt, but it is my A speedster on the build right now. Won't start redoing the T till next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 02:04 pm:

See ya'll there guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 05:52 pm:

The Coil Doctor will be in my usual place with Dave's Restoration & Machine with his beautiful transmission drums.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eddy Lee Emerson on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 06:55 pm:

The "Oklahoma Special T's" will be holding their annual Barbeque Dinner at Chickasha on Friday afternoon. This dinner is held for all model T vendors and anyone with an interest in Model T's. Bring a "goodie" that you have found at Chickasha, and we will have a show and tell time. Tickets for the dinner are available from any Oklahoma Special T's member, including David Baker and Ed Emerson who will have booths there. David Bakers booth is at the motor home pulling a long orange trailer, parked outside the southwest corner of the north building. Ed Emerson will be inside selling a 15 styled T belonging to the family of a deceased member. You are cordially invited to come join us. Ed Emerson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 07:51 am:

Oh if I could join you I would. Have a good Chickasha Swapmeet all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Bohlen on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 12:01 pm:

Antique T Motor Sports will be in spaces NE9 & ND9. Order in advance, save on shipping. View our parts at; http://stores.ebay.com/antique-t-motor-sports-llc

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 07:51 pm:

Is Chickasha already sold out; even the outside spaces? I hadn't thought about going but I'm having second thoughts. I could probably bring a 24' enclosed U Haul truck of 26-27 stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 08:04 pm:

Rooms are probably all spoken for by now,but you can always find a nice room atNorman,just a few miles up the road. Spaces can be checked by contacting the swap meet people.PWSW.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 08:16 pm:

Terry, I always see some empty spaces. I'll bet they still have some. http://www.pwsm.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 08:22 pm:

Jack, there were inside spaces left last year and outside as well. I would contact the swap meet. I believe the contact info is in a post above. Some people stay in their vehicles after they unload. It is also possible to find a corner inside and sleep in the buildings. We stay on our spaces in the south building. See our bedroom in one of the posts above. There are showers, electric plugs, (for the electric blankets, microwave ect) I want to meet all the nice 26 27 parts that will be with you. (It would be nice to meet you also) Hope to see you there. As stated above rooms are probably gone in Chickashea but Norman is close if you want a room ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 08:26 pm:

I meant Terry instead of Jack ... I had an "Old Timers" moment

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 08:56 pm:

I want to come this year. It's 22hr drive from VA.(and 22hr back) or I can fly in 4hrs for $300.00 round trip.
If I fly I would have to ship stuff back. I hate flying and enjoy driving.
Undecided on what to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 09:45 pm:

The last time I went, a buddy and I stayed at a Mom and Pop motel in Rush Springs, south of Chickasha. It was a nice clean Quiet place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 12:14 am:

Probably was Marlow, OK where we stayed. They show 3 motels and a bed and breakfast. Rush springs shows none.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 12:21 am:

Last time I went I had a really bad time. Not at the swap meet but on the trip down. I tried sleeping in the truck but it didn't work. I was upset to the point I turned around within an hour or two after arriving and headed back to Minnesota. Hopefully I'll be able to go this year and pull the camper down. I'll have to bring my dog with me but he can stay in the camper while I'm there. Now I have to figure out where the money's going to come from to go. Anyone interested in buying a dog?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 10:23 am:

But then you wouldn't have any company on the drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 10:38 am:

We'll be in our usual spots in the North West building and will be bringing speedometer setups and leather goods. If you need any speedometer items, contact me and I'll bring the parts to Chickasha. I hope to see many of you at the meet.
Russ Furstno

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 11:05 am:

I got tired of fighting to get a room in a motel. I just pull my covered trailer with a fold up bed and lots of cover if it gets cold. As others have said, there are showers and bath rooms on the grounds. (Almost as good as home)
If I buy something or a friend does, I can haul it back to the Houston area.
Almost forgot, lots of food on the grounds and restaurants in walking distance and a bar or two also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 12:02 pm:

as of last friday motel 6 in Lawton still had rooms about 40 miles from chickasha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald Bolser on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 01:24 pm:

Just canceled 2 rooms at the Chickasha Americas Best Value Inn.

Made new reservation in Norman at the Fairfield Inn. They still list some rooms available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JIM WILSON, AMORY, MS on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 03:09 pm:

When do you have to arrive to get an RV spot at the fairgrounds?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 04:55 pm:

I'll be there Wednesday for the pre-sale. Staying in Steve Jelf's neighborhood. Wifey said I could take both $5 bills !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 06:30 pm:

Tons of rooms in OKC. That is where we stayed and just drove down to Chickasha each morning. I think it was less than 20 miles and only a buck or two on the tollway. I think I got my room in a really nice hotel for only $60/night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 11:30 pm:

Last year, I got a good room for a cheap price using Priceline. The motel where I stayed had told me only minutes before that they were full. A little determination and persistence will get you a room.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 12:02 am:

Jim, ask here: http://www.pwsm.com/ContactUs.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 07:24 am:

I always stay at the Courtyard Marriott in Norman. Its a 20 minute drive. Nice hotel surrounded by nice restaurants. Made my reservation last night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan Warrington on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 10:10 am:

Think Chickasha will be thawed out by then??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 11:04 am:

Ivan, I remember at least one year in the past when we had snow blowing across the outdoor venders. Most just shut down till the snow stopped.
Unless the weather gets very bad, I will be there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 11:18 am:

It could be thawed and refrozen more than once during the next 39 days. Here in the middle if the continent wide variations in temperature are the rule, especially during winter and spring. Today's predicted high here is 24, but by the weekend we're supposed to start a run of highs in the sixties. The daffodils and other plants will be fooled and start to come out, then they'll get a rude surprise when another spell of arctic entertainment blows down from the north. In March Chickasha can be sunny and warm one day and snowing the next.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 11:25 am:

George, Have they changed the rules? I thought Chickasha had a hard and fast rules against pre-sales before opening day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 11:37 am:

Terry,
I've heard that once they allow the 'land rush' at 4 pm on Wednesday, they "discourage" sales until Thursday morning. Don't think it was ever enforced. I like to walk the truck & trailer line up in the parking lot that starts earlier every Wednesday. TThat way you get to pay the sellers a premium.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 11:38 am:

Whatever the rules may be, considerable commerce is committed in the parking lot before the fairgrounds are opened.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 11:51 am:

Terry,
I've heard that once they allow the 'land rush' at 4 pm on Wednesday, they "discourage" sales until Thursday morning. Don't think it was ever enforced. I like to walk the truck & trailer line up in the parking lot that starts earlier every Wednesday. TThat way you get to pay the sellers a premium.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 12:06 pm:

I have sold parts a few times at swap meets. My experience has been that the heavy hitters (other vendors) swoop down on you as soon as you pull in and while you're unpacking, to grab the best parts deals so that they can flip them for a profit later in the day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 12:13 pm:

We are not allowed to set up till 4pm inside, but then we are busy until 8 pm
then next day nothing starts till after 8am,Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 12:16 pm:

Mark's experience is a pretty good assessment of what goes on at Chickasha on Wednesday. All the sellers are lined up in the huge parking area east of the "main event", and lots of buying and selling occurs there while everyone is waiting for the gates to open at 4:00.

Rules? We don't need no stinking rules! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 02:22 pm:

Steve, will you be bringing any shoes to wear?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 02:52 pm:

A friend of mine lived at Chickashea when he was a kid, back in the 40s-50s. He said his Mom always said there were 2 seasons at Chickashea "Mud" and "Dust" If its cold and wet your "Mud" is frozen and if its cold and dry. Your "Mud" is "Dust" That lady knew what she was talking about ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Haynes on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 03:05 pm:

I will be there again this year is SE10 & SE11. I will have an early open valve block that is very nice and a few other early items. If anyone is interested, I also could bring a rebuilt Ruckstell with safety hubs set up for wire wheels for a 26-27. I just don't want to haul it that far if no one is interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 10:56 pm:

Checked today and south inside building only has a few isolated spaces scattered here and there. I got the last four consecutive numbered spaces in a row. SN 9,10,11,12. Be there with mostly 26-27 parts, but some stuff in the teens, some tools for tool kits, 1922 block .040 OS was a rebuilt running motor for many years. Will need a crack repaired on left side that was previously repaired and has reopened. May have EE crank in it as it replaced a motor in a 27 coupe 60 years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 11:53 pm:

I will be there with (hopefully)some rebuilt carbs and a little display in the east side of the north building. John Steele has taken over my outside spaces along the sidewalk and will probably have a few things from our friends for sale there. We are not bring the big pickup and trailer this year, I bought a new Subaru Outback a couple weeks ago and if they get the hitch put on in it in time we may pull a little enclosed trailer to haul with. I've forgotten what my space numbers are inside but I'll be easy to find. Rob Heyen also has a table next to mine in the building where he will be offering outstanding products at ridiculously distressed prices. Stop by and pick up a free screwdriver and say howdy even if you don't buy a carburetor.

John and I are staying in Norman. We will be in the parking lot on either Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning with a White Subaru Outback with Montana plates -- probably the only one there.

Both John and I are too old to sleep in the car or on the ground and like a leisurely breakfast and a little drive with a second cup of coffee in the morning on the way to the meet. Staying in Norman has worked out very well for us. I'm not as anxious to be out there walking the spaces with a flashlight in the early AM as I used to be, 8 AM is plenty early for me to make the first round.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 01:07 pm:

My dad and I are going to be there. We are looking forward to the Early Ford Meeting on Thursday afternoon. I'll probably be hauling a car down there and don't have anything for coming back so if anyone needs something delivered between Chickasha and Sioux City or Des Moines, Iowa let me know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 10:53 pm:

My son,Mike and i are going,staying in Norman Holiday Inn. Maybe we'll see you and John and can have dinner some night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 01:08 am:

I'm thinkin' 'bout goin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 02:18 pm:

Slight change in my plans. I had planned to have a liquidation sale and bring everything that I know are surplus to my needs, but to do so, I'd have to rent U Haul's largest 24 foot truck, and I just can't justify the expense if I didn't get top dollar on everything. I'm going to price reasonable so I am empty going home, SO, I am going to bring things that are too heavy to ship or too bulky to ship, economically. If I have room to; I'll bring some smaller things, too that will fit in a 6 x 12 foot U Haul trailer and the bed of my pickup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 04:55 pm:

Steven is absolutely right about the weather.
Here is a picture from the second day in 2010 where I in the afternoon did some sightseeing in route 66;

Nice sunny weather and temperature in the 70's.
Now the next morning Oklahoma looked like this:

This was the view from the hotel window in OKC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dylan Thomas Wills on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 10:20 pm:

My wife and I shall be there, if we aren't wandering around we will be at the J.C Taylor booth with my grandfather (Where the high wheeled motor buggy club meets)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 10:29 pm:

Found the little card with our spaces on it. Outside, FM 1&2, right beside the sidewalk between the two buildings smack dab in front of the door going into the small building and NE 6 & 7, inside the north building in the east room. Stop by and say howdy.

Stan Howe, John Steele, Rob Heyen, Jack Daron, Mike Walker and probably a couple other guys that will bring a thing or two but didn't want to rent a whole space.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steve johnson on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 11:18 pm:

It was near 80 deg here in OK today. Great weather this week

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 11:24 pm:

It's hard to read all these remarks. If I had the spare money I would book the tickets right away...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 02:21 am:

Well ! After hemming and hawing and checking schedules, I'M IN !!!!

I'll fly into Houston, Help Terry load up, hit the road AM . I think this is going to be a fun trip and hanging out with Terry, whom I've known on this forum since '98 we'll finally get to hang out. Besides, I think I owe him a steak, maybe a Snow's brisket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 06:09 pm:

George, having a loader/helper and alternate driver is payment, enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 07:43 pm:

Steve,
Do you have to rent a space in the hall to sleep overnight on the floor?
You live close enough to commute I would think?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 08:57 pm:

Nope, the price is perfect. Some guys travel in luxury and bring cots. I just use a sleeping bag and a foam pad on a tarp. But this year I think maybe I'll also bring an electric blanket or two. The ten day forecast is showing early March as about ten degrees below normal here. Even 130 miles south of here it could be chilly. But it's also three weeks away, so anything's possible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 09:47 am:

Got my plane tickets a couple of days ago. I'll be there. I hope God gives us a break in the weather!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ashley Lang on Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 12:38 pm:

Don Lang of course is going and he will be delivering any orders no shipping charge. You can pick up orders at North building on the West side with John Regan and Ron Patterson. So please place your orders by Wednesday March 12th.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 10:11 am:

The Gator Group will be set up in its usual spaces at the left(front door to rear of building) front of the South Bldg. Gator Gould, Ben Martin, Mike Noe, Luke and Jeff Cordes, Jeff Bland, George Akin, Claire Carlson. All of us have bad case of cabin fever and look forward to nice warm days in Oklahoma . Stop by and visit, we will have Model T parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Sullivan, Powell WY on Monday, March 17, 2014 - 02:55 pm:

Today, saw a 1960ish Studebaker Lark station wagon today headed through our town. That got my attention in itself, but the MTFCA bumper sticker really did. Young couple with WA plates on the car. I honked and got them to pull over for a moment. Turned out they were headed to Chickasha. Now, WA to Powell WY to Chickasha OK is a bit of trip under the best conditions, but in a Studebaker!? If you see a young couple there, with the young woman sporting bright red hair, you should praise their bravery and dedication!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 01:03 am:

Steve Jelf:

Just saw another thread where Stan Howe mentioned the need for a gate pass. How do you get in to camp in the building without one?

Thanks,
Steve Hughes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 07:42 am:

Venders get passes for their booths.pedestrians just walk in.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration