OT - Falcon In A Tree

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - Falcon In A Tree
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 10:17 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 10:42 pm:

Ran when parked

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Hunter on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 10:56 pm:

A Victorian, Australia reg Ford Falcon. Our trees grow fast here!

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 10:59 pm:

Ya know yer a redneck...it appears to be RH drive !!
This little fella parked in our tree long enough to smile for the camera !!

TT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 12:40 am:

Great shot, Wayne!

I don't recognize the white breast. We have a resident cooper's hawk in our hood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 12:42 am:

Great shot, Wayne!

I don't recognize the white breast. We have a resident cooper's hawk in our hood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 12:45 am:

Sorry for the stutter. On tbay, I just stumbled across a manual for a 1960 Ford Falcon Frontenac. ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 02:11 am:

Hi Ralph...I believe it is the Mascot for the Seahawks. Osprey ?? Go Hawks !! W

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 03:05 am:

Wayne,
We too have Ospreys on our lake near Spokane. We also have a resident goose population numbering in the hundreds honking up a storm. The other day I walked to the shop; didn't hear anything and took a look. We had two bald eagles sitting on the edge of the ice. All the geese had departed for friendlier parts. Amazing; I had never seen eagles other than in northern Idaho. Neat! And quiet for a change. The only falcons I've seen are the wheeled type.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 03:55 am:

This is a sign of age .---I can remember when that Falcon sedan had not long been embraced by that tree some 40 plus years ago. It was put there by a car wrecker to promote his nearby car wrecking business on the outskirts of Kempsey -[which is not far from me] in the state of NSW Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 05:17 am:

Have just been reminded by an Australian friend that the car i was thinking of may have been a HOLDEN .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 11:47 am:

It must have been there a long time considering the size of the branch coming out the rear window.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 11:47 am:

My mistake, the branch is alongside the rear window!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. Gustaf Bryngelson on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 07:10 pm:

That front tire looks like it might still have some good in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 08:04 pm:

Bob you are right. There is a Holden up the gum tree!

The photo below is off the back of Norm Darwin's History of Holden book (and the Falcon is on his Ford book).

Now, Bob, you can be honest with us. We're an understanding lot. But, is planting cars in trees an unfortunate habit in Australia?

John

Holden Up the Gum Tree

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 08:50 pm:

Wasn't the Falcon called Frontenac in Canada?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 11:57 pm:

Hi John, When a HOLDEN involved it's called a LAVOR-TREE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 03:32 am:

Here is the full frontal shot. As John says, this picture is on the rear cover of Norm Darwins book, 'The History of Ford in Australia'. Regular forum contributor Peter Kable wrote the text for the Model T and pre Model T component of the book and did an excellent job of recording the history of the Model T era in Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 04:20 am:

I think these cars were assembled and sold at a branch dealership.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 05:13 am:

Looks like the branch is using the Ford corporate colours in the way of a blue gum tree.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 08:03 am:

Good place for a Falcon. In 1967, my '61 Falcon wagon lost all its tranny oil through a crack, and the synchros seized, stopping the car in the remote highlands of northern Spain. I had to jack it up and crawl under, while the occasional local came by and studied me and the young wife and blonde baby. Turns out, they were friendly.

I used a quart of motor oil and a screwdriver to free the synchros, and get us on to Burgos. I had it topped up every few days after that, and it got us back home in Germany.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 08:12 am:

Ralph, the natives sure like the blonde hair, don't they?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 09:33 am:

59 Chevy truck in a tree in Wisconsin...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 02:18 pm:

That Chevy truck is actually worth something...it needs rescuing. It must be a PhotoShop job...technically that won't work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DaveLantz on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 04:24 pm:

Chevy truck is on interstate 43 6 miles east of Beloit wi on the way to milwaukee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 04:36 pm:

Hi guys, I dont have a photo but I went to see a WW2 British Ferret scout car 50miles from here near one of the pine forest plantations and when I got there the thing was six feet off the ground and the trees were lifting it through the engine bay and like a fork lift and the owner wanted $10k for it and the rust was growing as fast as the tree it would be about twenty five or thirty feet off the ground now.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration