Did Ford offer stakes for the '25-'27 roadster pickups?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Did Ford offer stakes for the '25-'27 roadster pickups?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 08:53 am:

I was aware the square holes in the roadster pickup beds was for stakes if carrying bulky stuff, but until now I haven't noticed any pictures of a '25-'27 pickup with actual stakes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1926-Model-T-roadster-Pickup-/310844418824?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item485fc56b08&vxp=mtr
Here's an ebay auction for the body parts of a RPU - with stakes. Could they have been Ford supplied as accessories or do you think they were aftermarket accessories/ home made?

It looks like an early '26 bed - later on the front stake holes were moved back so the top could be lowered with stakes in place.

rpu project

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 09:17 am:

Ford Body Parts and Price List book shows no part number for bed stakes.

The owner made his own. And the early '26 bed, Aug-Dec could not have a front stake either! The front stake pocket was under the seat overhang.

So Ford made a change in the pickup bed and moved those front stake pockets back 7".

Early '26 bed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 09:20 am:

Thanks, Dan :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 11:08 am:

Has anyone ever seen any original FORD literature for the 1925? All I have is original magazine ads.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration