Old Photo - Brass Era Modified Tourabout

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Brass Era Modified Tourabout
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 10:30 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 12:04 pm:

It might be a high mileage car at 76,540 miles .
It looks like the fenders have been shook off and replaced!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 12:08 pm:

I like the "license" painted on the top radiator tank !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 12:30 pm:

Odd placement for running board braces; seems like the one in stock factory position could have just as easily been used to support the home-made fender,.......strange! Maybe the intention was to also install running board(s) but just hasn't gotten around to it yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 12:34 pm:

The more ya' look the more ya' see! Looks like a home-made tool box under his knees. Not a bad idea!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 01:37 pm:

looks to me that the front running board brace is in the correct position and the rear one added to support the rear fender. I appears to be a 1912/13 car and as the photo was taken in 1918, 6,000+ miles per year over those roads was a lot of work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 02:29 pm:

I think it is a 1910-11. One piece spindles. Head lights have flat bonnets. High necked radiator would make it an early 1911. Radiator could have been replaced.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 02:33 pm:

Crank handle is missing the cover, 1910 handle covers were made of a bakelite type material that would crack and fall off. The 1911 handles were aluminum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 07:40 am:

1911 handles were bakelite too. The aluminum handle came around late December 1911 - well into the 1912 model year.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration