21 coupe body wood

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 21 coupe body wood
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark aden on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 05:56 pm:

Need some help on a 21 coupe ,i need some int pics of the seat riser area and of the back seat mtg area also pics of the wood on seat springs top and bottom,thanks Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 06:12 pm:

Wish I could post pics. I have an orgional '20 coupe opened up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevan Mynderup__Hanford CA on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 08:44 pm:

Mark, try here http://fordwood.com/coupes.htm . Might have to look around but I found the wood kit for 23 runabout here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 09:15 pm:

There are some very good photos of people's Coupe projects on this forum. If you do a word search on "Coupe" and wade through them you will find dozens of them. They were most helpful when I re-wooded my coupe.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark aden on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 12:25 pm:

thanks richard, i looked at a lot of pics but sure could use some interior shots of seat area, thanks for any help you can give Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 02:44 pm:

Mark, I just took some pictures of the seating area of a 1919 rewooded coupe. (I think it is 1919) I do not have the seat springs for the car.

Later 1923, 1924 with the doors opening at the rear and the fuel tank under the seat look a lot different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark aden on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 05:26 pm:

Thanks Willie those help a lot main dif i see is my seat riser and trunk floor are metal,not 100% on the year of car i'm working on they told me 21 but could be later it does have suicide doors,thank again Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 05:39 pm:

Mark -- It shouldn't matter much if it's a '19 thru '23. Other than the window operating mechanisms and provision for the electrical equipment, they are basically the same bodies. Other forum members might know of some other small differences.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark aden on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 06:13 pm:

Willie could you post some more pic of seat back wood all i have is the top board if i had a few more pics of it i can make it,also where the bottom cushion goes does the wood that in your car come out with cushion or? thanks Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 07:48 pm:

Mark, the 1919 car that has the new wood installed was in bad shape. The seat springs that were in the car were bare. I do not think they used a wood frame on the back side???? I think the bottom one piece spring had upholstery and just set on that wood frame. The one piece spring back rest was done the same way and hung on that wood frame you see in the pictures.
The last two pictures I posted is a 1923 or 24 car with the fuel tank under the seat and the doors are not suicide type. Those have wood on the bottom side of the seats and two seats not one long seat. (Back rest is still a single spring)
Mike 1919 has a lot of wood in the doors and not much sheet metal. The later ones used very little wood. Also the seat riser is metal in the later coupes. Trunk is part of the body on the later ones and the earlier ones were separate from the main body. Cowl vents were also used on the later coupes just to mention a few things.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 08:51 pm:

Mark, I went out and looked at the seats again and decided that they must of had a wood frame on the back side as there is not enough center support on that wood frame to keep the springs from sinking in the center with no support. My springs were bare when I got the car.
Maybe someone has a complete car and can add some information on the seats.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 09:13 pm:

Mark, do these help any. I guessed at this wood from photos but is is reasonably close,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark aden on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 09:44 am:

Richard does the seat back lift out i still have upper board and it has a bracket in the center that will allow it to come up and out,and thanks for the pics they really help,Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 10:33 am:

Yes. WARNING: again, this may not be as accurate as an original.

The seat back slides in an I put a screw on each side to keep it in place.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark aden on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 11:21 am:

Thanks thats what i needed to see , Mark

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration