Old Photos, early Ford dealerships

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photos, early Ford dealerships
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 09:09 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 09:11 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 09:12 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 09:13 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 09:30 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 09:50 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 09:52 pm:

Note the drip pan?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 10:34 pm:

Erich,

Great pics, thank you for posting,

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 10:59 pm:

Erich:

Real nice pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 11:01 pm:

Behren's & Marshall, Adelaide, South Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 11:02 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 11:07 pm:

Duncan & Fraser's agency at Mount Gambier, South Australia. Around 1922 it was sold to May & Davis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Geisler on Friday, January 17, 2014 - 11:45 pm:

These Fords are in color! I further understand that they are in Australia.
We need more photos showing that the dealerships did repaint many of their new Fords in colors right here in the USA. I am only saying this as I knew and had him, Mr Elsey, paint my Ford restoration in 1966; Both he and his brother went to work at the Springfield Ford dealership as young boys doing the sanding and later the gun work. It was great talking to him then about all of this. I then belonged to MOTA and not MTFCA nor I then. I did NOT know anything but the old saying as long as it was black! He told me that a lot of people would NOT BUY a black car new back then especially city folk. I think we should listen and give him credit for what he told me. I know about what the factory and you all have said BUT I think credit is due here too. He and his brother had their own body shop in Springfield, Mo. Elsey Brother's Body Shop. It was right across the street from the Medical Arts building on Cherry and Kimbrough. A long narrow building from the 30's. Dark and all wooden beamed. Rock front. Garage doors at the narrow front and rear with no windows. I guess I was lucky to have known him from that time. It was soon torn down right after they retired within a couple of years after repainting my '25 Ford touring. Both he and his brother worked for that Spfld. Ford dealership for more than 16 years before starting their own body shop. He was in his 60's back then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Calkins on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 09:13 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 12:04 am:

David, what's that light coloured spot on the rear mudguard? Fossil evidence of rear door stops?

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 03:07 pm:

Thanks Erich! The old photos have become one of the best features of this forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 03:40 pm:

Not a Black one amounts them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 05:53 pm:

This one's not a dealership anymore, but once was:

Neidt-Ertel Motor Company Authorized Ford Agents, ca. 1920

ertel

From my post in 2011: owned by Edward C Neidt and Elton T Ertel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 05:56 pm:

I hope to take my T there and photograph it in front of it. Maybe I'll get lucky and there will be no cars parked there and the sign will not be painted over.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration