Old Photo-Tornado Twisted T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo-Tornado Twisted T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 09:54 am:

June 28, 1924 an afternoon tornado started in Sandusky Ohio killing 8 people, killing 72 in Lorain Ohio and 5 elsewhere. Four tornadoes that day in Northern Ohio. This car didn't make the survivor list.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave DeYoung ......... Stoughton, WI on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 12:01 pm:

I wouldn't doubt they flipped it back on its wheels and rebodied it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 12:14 pm:

There is a car behind it and two more below it.
Perhaps that's a cleanup scrap pile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 07:14 pm:

Actually Art, I believe this to be in back of the Sandusky Municipal complex, where the water works once was, including a tall stand-pipe that was also knocked over into the bay, that was used to supply water to the town. Look closely underneath this car and you can see what I believe to be a wall from what still today are some boat slips behind the city building. To the left of the wheel you can see the paved area, and maybe even a post at the extreme left. Towards the foreground looks to be the remains of more wall divider between yet another slip. Common back then. These may have been city workers cars tossed into the bay right behind their workplace.
Tim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration