WHATZIT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: WHATZIT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 02:35 pm:

Any one know what this is?

whatzit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 02:37 pm:

I'll try again.

whatzit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 02:38 pm:

Its a guy in Colorado attempting to load a picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 02:39 pm:

cartridge blaster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 02:41 pm:

he's only done it around one hundred times before.
Don't make fun of him, he does nice pictures and I have NEVER been able to load one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 02:47 pm:

Sorry Dave, I couldn't help myself...me bad~

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 02:50 pm:

It's a 12 inch ruler that the Fargo Mfg. Company, Inc. used for advertisement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 02:50 pm:

Don: I swear I did every thing right on the first two pictures but the computer takes me somewhere else. Do you know what the tool is above. It has nothing to do with hot patching a tube.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 02:56 pm:

I don't Dave. And I have problems with pictures also. I gave up on the MTFCAI site because of the frustration level exceeded my patience.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 03:10 pm:

Dave, is the little pipe on top, that's what it looks like, does it go all the way through the lid?

What does the lid look like underneath?

Does the bottom have a hole all the way through?

It looks like the bottom part will go up and down, and does it have a restriction to as far it can go upward?

Herm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marvin turner on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 03:49 pm:

I think it is for vulcanizing inner tubes using alcahol for heat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J Williams on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 03:55 pm:

I agree that's why it swivels top and bottom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 04:57 pm:

Herb Kohnke: I will TRY to get a picture of the inside. And again its nothing to do with inner tubes or tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 05:03 pm:

It is a devise for cutting the round hole in windshield for Clymer spot lights. I donated one to the museum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 05:29 pm:

Jack Daron:

You hit the nail on the head. Yes, Do you know what the next whatzit is.

whatzit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 07:09 pm:

I thought maybe a pot-pie maker!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 08:21 pm:

#2 is for centering speedometer drive gear?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 08:05 am:

I think it is time Dave stopped posting photos of tools which make Jack look like he knows what he is talking about. In our parliament they call it a Dorothy Dixer!

Sorry Dave. I couldn't resist. The pair of you make me feel quite insecure.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 11:20 am:

When I laid out the speedometer gear on my '25, I used one of those to get the holes lined up in the correct place. It doesn't get any more accurate than that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 11:21 am:

Allen thank you for the kind words.I have been collecting Ford shop tools for 50 years,and studying the old parts/accessory catalogs. You also may avail your self of these opportunities.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 11:48 am:

Jack Daron is right again, however I would like to point out to anyone that is going to buy a speedometer drive gear fixture that the one above is not for the normal Stewart speedometer drive gear 60 tooth 8 pitch. The fixture above is for other makes or the Stewart Special.

I will try and post a picture of fixture for the 60 tooth 8 pitch regular Stewart.

speedometer fixture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 11:53 am:

There are two types of fixture for the Stewart 60 tooth/8 pitch. One has the points like the one above that you hit with a hammer on the other side, which then show dents that you drill to mount the screws in the gear. There is another fixture that has holes where the one above has points. You use the holes to guide you drill bit.
I have used both and I like the one with points the best.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration