1921 and 1950 Fords, just sharing a photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1921 and 1950 Fords, just sharing a photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Fusi on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 12:26 am:

Neighbor got his 1950 Ford running so we took some photos, gonna try to post one if I can figure it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 12:47 am:

Nice cars.
30 years sure makes a difference!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold Wellens on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 12:59 am:

The car shown in the picture is a 1949 Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 04:20 am:

In keeping with the theme, here is an article that appeared in the Otago Daily Times (one of NZ's major newspapers, still owned by self-confessed Model T nutter Julian Smith!) back in April, 1949.

We think the "Fortyniner" is the first to arrive in Dunedin - it was used as the "Radical New V-8 From Ford" promotional car in Dunedin during a time that new cars (of any make) were extremely difficult to buy. There was just one Fortyniner in Dunedin for the first wee while! Julian's father at ODT purchased it.

We suspect the hubcaps are still in the boot of the Fortyniner (which is how they were (and still are!) carried with new cars).

The chap on the right is a butcher from the shop by which this photo was taken. The other chap we think may be a self-appointed new car salesman!

John Stokes

Sisters Under the Skin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 05:50 am:

In 1954 I was transitioning from Model Ts to rodding...got a '50 and built up a flathead for it...Mercury crank, Winfield SU1A cam, Offenhauser heads, dual Ford 94s...of course, headers.
Wish I still had it...last good Ford.
50 ford

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 07:03 am:

I don't have a pic of our 22 RPU and our 50 but will the 26 do? :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration