My Future T-Hauler

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: My Future T-Hauler
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 09:03 am:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx5jDQlWFOI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays KS on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 03:20 pm:

Love the Ford trucks, the engineering is great, but why did they have to make it look like a Toyota?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 03:31 pm:

Why is there no V8 option?!? Which engine are you going to pick to haul with, the turbo V6?

In all seriousness a medium trailer for lawn maintenance equipment is about the biggest and heaviest thing Id haul with a 150 anyway. Any distance I would be willing to haul the T with the 150 I would probably just drive there in the T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 03:53 pm:

As expected, a lot of LED lights and dazzling gadgetry. I didn't see anything about improvements to the truck itself. Glad I ordered 2014 while I could.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 04:18 pm:

Seth - Watch the video again, they are offering a 5.0 V8.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 04:24 pm:

Jerome;
Did u ever think the TOYota was copied after the Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 04:28 pm:

Yeah, I just wasn't paying attention apparently. Not the first time. Although I was at work so that might have contributed. =P

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 05:42 pm:

I have a customer with a '13, it has the twin turbo V-6, and it pulls like a freight train. He hauls a 26 foot boat with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 05:59 pm:

I doubt I will ever buy another hauler. My bow tie Chevy isn't going to wear out soon and will probably outlast me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 07:56 pm:

Ed, I've heard the same thing about the turbo V-6. I heard it pulls as good as a V-8, with better gas mileage.

As far as the 150 towing ability, the factory specs show it will. At one National Model T meet, I saw a 150 with a twenty(something) foot enclosed trailer, with two T's in it. I would say it was overloaded but? I sure wouldn't want to buy it as a used vehicle when the guy is done with it. I tow with an 04 F-250 with a V-10. I ordered it new with a six speed standard shift transmission. I absolutely love this truck and I really intend to use it for years to come.

I did like this video as there is no BS, just details of their great new truck. I hope Ford uses this as a regular commercial instead of the lousy ads they and the other companies use.You don't need to see a truck climbing a burning steel tower, pulling a plane or pulling a Christmas tree. I could do all that with my TT with it's Warford and Ruckstell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 08:46 pm:

Dan - I know I'm "living in the past" when it comes to car prices. but I got a real shock a few days ago:

I bought my Mazda Miata at a Ford/Mazda dealer here locally. I took the Miata in for regular service the other day, and to kill time while waiting, I took a walk out on their new car lot and looked a row of a dozen or so F-150's and their "sticker prices". Admittedly, they were all 4-wheel drive rigs, but I only saw one that was less than $50,000.00! That one was $47,000.00 and the rest ranged between $51,000.00 and $63,000.00! Beautiful trucks, all of them, but I'm sorry,....I think even in today's economy, 50 or 60K is "NUTS". It's a pick-up truck for cry'n out loud!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 09:02 pm:

Harold;
I bought a new 2 wheel drive 2009 F150 Lariat. $39,000. Wasn't the most expensive. It was a Platinum about $4000. more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 09:15 pm:

Harold, I found the key to keeping the price down is to special order and don't get more truck than you need. A regular cab was all I needed so that's what I got. I wanted the top of the line XLT with several options and therefore got a nice truck without breaking the bank. If you get the four door what I call the SUV with a short box, you're gonna have to pay. I also didn't want to pay for senseless packaged option groups. At least with the trucks, you still can order lots of options individually. The best thing about the Ford regular cab is that unlike the other makes where the seat is jammed up against the back window, there is actually huge space back there for groceries and more, so much space you could actually lie down back there without moving the seat forward.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 09:24 pm:

Harold, You can buy a base truck in the 20,000 range. The more toys you put on the more you're going to pay. Part of the sticker shock is, the devalue of the dollar. The prices you're talking about are list prices. When I bought my 04 F-250, the list was around 36,000. I ended up paying 26,000 when I was done dealing with them. It is a 4x4, and as I wanted a regular cab, I couldn't get it in a Lariat, so I added all the toys I wanted. In 06, I bought a new extended cab F-150 Lariat. I ordered it with most of the toys that were available. The list on the 06 was 37,000. Again, after wheeling and dealing, I paid 27,000. Both trucks bought with no trade ins and special ordered. You're right it is a lot of money for a truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 09:36 pm:

Well,....thanx for the explanation. I guess that's why they call it "sticker shock", huh? The last three new cars I bought, I got them from that same Ford/Mazda dealer. I guess if I ever buy a new F-150, I'd better deal with that same dealer, but then I really can't see that coming any time soon! If Ford dealers will really "work with ya" on price, I'd better stick with that same outfit, and talk to the manager, right? I'd like to think that buying a 4th new vehicle from them might rate SOME consideration!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 11:35 pm:

We pulled our double axle trailer with our touring in it from Pierre, SD to Kanab and back last summer. We had used the 5.4 triton F-150 the previous year and we had a difficult time holding interstate speed of 70 and only got about 6 mpg. Last year I purchased a 2011 F-150 with the V6 ecoboost and got 11 mpg, easy pulling and passing anything we wanted to on the interstate, and over 12 mpg once we got to higher elevations in Colorado and west. The older vehicle was downshifting to 2nd and 3rd all the time to maintain speed. The ecoboost 3500cc V6 stayed in high most of the trip. Teresa and I were impressed with the difference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 07:23 am:

Has anyone seen the mileage figures for the various engine options for the 2015 F series trucks yet? That might be a determining factor in my next purchase when I replace my Escape. If the mileage looks good, I would seriously consider selling the old truck too and downsizing to one vehicle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 12:32 pm:

The last think I want to see on a Model T forum is some silly advertisement about any brand of vehicle. Ford or whatever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 01:19 pm:

Warning Willie this might up seat you!! I have been giving the eco boost engine a lot of thought.We do not travel as much anymore and after this winter i have doubt's about my need for a diesel? I talked to one of the local Coyote hunters and he said they walk them down with #4 buckshot. He also said there often seen with Fox this year?? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 01:37 pm:

My, how the world has changed. My second car was a used 1968 Buick Sportwagon and it was the epitome of family cars.

Heck, they were everywhere. They had powerful V-8 engines that got ten miles per gallon and nobody ever gave any thought as to whether it could pull a trailer. Of course it could! Almost everything, in those days, could. Now, I can't find a single, American-made family sedan with any towing capacity. Now, if you want to tow a trailer with a Model T on it, you need either a pickup or an SUV. Oh, for the days!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 02:24 pm:

Bob,Tomorrow our T hauler get's a pallet of corn set in back and that's a ton. Our T hauler is also 4 wheel drive and will haul a 5'th wheel.In 1975 we had a new Chevy van but while better than a station wagon still not as handy as the pick up!They still make the heavy duty family sedan but now it's called a crew cab! PS,I still remember our 1955 Plymouth station wagon on gravel with the dust rolling in the back with our head's out the windows trying to breath!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 02:59 pm:

If hooked back to back with a 150, I think my 11 Grand Charokee Overland Summit with a V-8 Hemi will win. It's a great, luxurious, T hauling tractor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 06:14 pm:

Bob Coiro - I hear ya'! Back in the early '80's, I combined two '70 Buick LeSabers, a wrecked one with a good 350c.u. engine, and a nice "clean" one with a bad engine. Bought one for $200 and the other for $100 and combined them, and what a great car that made, and at the time, I always said I'd like to have had either one of those cars when brand new! Not such great gasoline mileage, but what a road car! I loved driving that car more than any other car I've ever had, before or since,.....(except Model "T's and Model "A's of course!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 07:23 am:

Hal, check this link that was posted by Tom Miller on another thread. Your Hemi will lose against the F-150 Ecoboost V-6.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2011/01/what-the-inside-of-a-torture-tested-ecoboos t-v-6-looks-like.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 07:28 am:

Sorry about that, here is the link

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2011/01/what-the-inside-of-a-torture-tested-ecoboos t-v-6-looks-like.html

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration