Old Photo - Lady Mechanic At Work

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Lady Mechanic At Work
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 11:52 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 04:33 pm:

Definately a pose! Too well dressed to be a mechanic. Her hair is too neat, and why would she lay with her feet under the axle? She could have reached all the axle parts from the front. If she was working under the engine her feet would be out the side and her head under! She looks good though! :-)
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 05:10 pm:

I agree - why you one need a spark plug/head bolt/dem. rim nut wrench under there ?????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 05:31 pm:

Perhaps she was just run over and is smiling at the approaching lawyer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 06:06 pm:

She can do anything under my car that she want.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 06:20 pm:

I think she just wrenched her back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerry van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 06:31 pm:

I don't know what you blokes have as drain plug size, but all my T's have the same size spanner for spark plug, oil drain and diff filler!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 08:48 pm:

Help! I've fallen, and.......Nice tires!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Monday, January 20, 2014 - 10:40 pm:

The license plate reads 1917 as best I can see, but I would have guessed 1941-1945, during the war when all the male mechanics were gone. I agree she doesn't look like she has any grease or oil on her.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 12:24 am:

Note that the rims have five retaining bolts and the radiator is a honeycomb design. I agree that the license plate is a 1917 and the car looks to be a 1917. So why the none Ford changes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 04:16 am:

Terry, there was a war going on in 1917 too with a lot of men going overseas and perhaps a little start of what became much more common in 1941-45 :-)

Tony, why the changes? Well, even Ford equipped the cars with demountables a couple of years later, so there were reasons like the ability to carry a pumped up spare tire. The wheels looks like Firestones. Maybe the original radiator freeze and this was what was available at the garage?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 06:08 am:

I agree staged photo -- too many things do not make sense for really working on the car.

But I think the radiator is a stock round tube supplied by Ford. Rationale: I believe you can see the tubes running the full length up and down. Additionally you can easily see the radiator support bar that runs across the lower part of the radiator in the photo. The honey comb radiators I just looked at did not have that support bar and from memory I don't recall seeing a honey comb radiator with a support bar across the lower part of the radiator. (Photo borrowed from current e-bay listings.)

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 09:35 am:

Sharp eye Hap. Now I can see the bottom two fins on the radiator. I was sure I had a Honeycomb just like that. Photo's can be deceiving.
Rich

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration