Acar in front of a house-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Acar in front of a house-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 08:33 am:

A good photo.
I wish it was a Model T, or do I?

How about that house ?
Forget the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 09:19 am:

I believe the car is a 1906 or 1907 2-cylinder Buick Model F. I had one. They were very good cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 11:03 am:

I'm glad Gil cleared up the problem. I've never heard of an Acar before!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 11:25 am:

Haha... I was waiting for you to pounce on that one, Gil! (The swinging steering column gave it away)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 01:53 pm:

FWIW the car has a Purple Lake body and Cream undercarriage. The lamps are Gray and Davis as used on some Model F Fords. Tilt steering and an arm that covers up the crank ratchet when the spark is advanced to prevent cranking in that position are my favorite features.
Rich

Thanks, Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 07:55 pm:

The lady in the middle of the picture may have some ribs removed?
Did they do that back then?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mitch Owen on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 08:32 pm:

Looks like her ribs were given to the lady on her left

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 08:45 pm:

That was called a corset. They laced it up until they could barely breathe. My grandmother wore one and it left her with such weak stomach muscles that she wore one every day just to keep her organs from falling out. She was actually uncomfortable without it! She lived until 1950 and wore it every day.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel(Indiana Trucks)Star City In on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 09:15 pm:

An Acar is real but it was a truck!

Nice picture.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration