Its a sad day when.......

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Its a sad day when.......
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 10:05 am:

It's a sad day when I go through every page of Langs and Snyder's catalogs and cant find anything I need or want. Sure sign that maybe Iv been in the hobby to long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 10:19 am:

Ah, so true. Made me laugh.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave DeYoung ......... Stoughton, WI on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 10:20 am:

I was thinking the same thing about Bob's free shipping forum offer yesterday. Maybe next if there is one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 10:24 am:

Maybe on the next drive, if you're lucky, something will break to cause you to long for the days when there was nothing you needed. That is one good thing about the Model T. When you least expect it, something will break or give out that will keep you busy for the next weekend, or the next month. Keeps you on your toes and keep Snyder's and Lang's in business. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 10:32 am:

Look through Mac's catalog. Maybe the color pictures will inspire you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 10:58 am:

In reality, I'd rather go to a swapmeet and find original parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 12:08 pm:

Ah Will...I think I figured it out for you, you only have one car?

Therein rests the problem...get up to 3 or 4 and there is always 'something' one of them always needs :-)

Other than that and with 11" or so of snow today, you can always go over to Hamilton Honda and watch the symphony of a commando trained snow removal army v. a dealers lot of 500+cars...and since their policy is to have the cars back in place ON the lot, bone dry, and when the last snowflake falls have it down to blacktop as if it never even snowed...oh my...maybe I should just go and play with the snowblower here as watching snow plowed would be a sign of having way too much time on my hands.... :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 12:17 pm:

It wouldn't be the first time I used the Mac's catalog to see what I wanted to order from Lang's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 12:32 pm:

Good answer Hal. LOL I've done that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 12:49 pm:

Had the same problem - so I sold one of my T's and bought an A, but after a while I seem to have the same problem again, so I'm adding a starter to a 13 for an elderly club member who can't crank any more.

Not sure what to do once I'm done spending his money...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 12:55 pm:

Everyone who has nothing to buy could donate to my current money pit project. Mine is in the "It needs everything catagory".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 01:24 pm:

Ha, me and Donnie! You guys make me wanna vomit. "Nothing I need." Psshhh!!! I could probably use something on darn near every page.

Ya'll could always donate some parts to a worthy cause!!! *cough* Mae West Shackles or brass twist oiler king pins *cough*

And half my problem is the stuff I need that ISN'T in those catalogues. Valve seat cutters, engine balancing, a Mark Chaffin BB head kit . . . sigh.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael grady on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 01:52 pm:

Hellooooooooo.... What does need have to do with buying t parts ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 04:28 pm:

I'd bet if Bob made a typo, you'd all find something you need. When I first read the title of his post I read shopping.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 05:34 pm:

Seth, Donnie and I are in the same boat we need parts that can't be ordered from a catalog and the main question with projects like mine are where should I start and what parts should I order first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 06:09 pm:

Its even more sad to find out that once you become married valentines day becomes a cheap gift holiday. I was hopin for a langs gift card like xmas. Feel like I have been had!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 11:04 pm:

Is Michael Grady is the only one with a bit of reality?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 11:32 pm:

Right - Fred,.....like the chrome plated lug nuts I'm about to order!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 11:41 pm:

I could use a set of .060 over high compression pistons and rings if someone has a good used set at a good price; otherwise I'll be forced to order new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 12:23 am:

Ugh... I will never loose my need for T parts but I had a moment over the holidays and bought a 30 Model A Standard Coupe. I requested catalogs from the usual vendors. Most of them let me know that they would send me a catalog in a month or 2. I got Snyder's catalog in about 4 days. What can I say, I have bought a bunch of A parts from them. Its been over a month and I Still am waiting for catalogs from the other vendors. Guess who my first choice will be to buy my A parts from?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 02:36 am:

Brattons! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 03:55 am:

Paul - As much as I love Model T's, I did the same thing a couple months ago,......I bought a '29 Model A Briggs Town Sedan. (....mostly because my three T's are open cars, so the T's will be for summer and the "A" Sedan for winter and "iffy" spring & fall weather) The elderly fellow (86) I bought the Model A from absolutely "raved" about the good service he'd always experienced from "Mike's "A" Ford-Able Parts" in Maysville, GA. In fact, he gave me their most current catalog, and I've already used them, with very good results. Excellent catalog & website, and they even have a phone number for Model A "technical support". One really nice feature of their catalog is that if you specify what particular body style Model A you have, they'll send you a catalog with about 3/4 of it being their "General Model A Catalog", with a special section in the back especially devoted to the particular body style of your Model A. My "Mike's" catalog has 80 additional pages in the back, strictly devoted to sedans. Both the General section as well as the specialized section are completely indexed. Request a catalog Paul and I think you'll be quite impressed as I was,....FWIW,.......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 04:11 am:

Paul - I just checked to be sure, they do have a catalog with the additional section for coupes,...don't forget to "specify"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 07:49 am:

I have to admit, I forget all about Mike's. When I restored my '29 Town Sedan, I bought mostly from Bratton's. Mike's is a lot closer which should mean UPS Ground would be overnight for me. But I seldom have a need for Model A parts anymore. It has been very reliable and just doesn't break down. Of course driving the T a lot more keeps the A in good condition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 05:07 pm:

Hey Terry I have a set however you might need new rings cause I am missing 2 of them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 09:41 pm:

Thanks to all of you who recommended Model A vendors! I will check them out. My point was that when I requested catalogs on line a month ago I got return e-mails that I would receive them in a month or so. The reason I asked for catalogs was I was in the market for A parts. Snyders sent me a catalog instead of a response e-mail. Why would a vendor's wait to send the info to someone who wants to buy parts? Just saying....

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration