Snow

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Snow
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 12:40 pm:

Perhaps to commemorate the snow with which Long Island is presently being blasted,
somebody sent me these photos of Model T Fords in the miserable stuff.

And Val, this is dedicated to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0oc3IR4qGQ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 06:45 pm:

Bob, couldn't open up the youtube vignette but I sure did enjoy the Model T snow scenes! It's not so warm here in sunny Florida either. I had to wear a sweatshirt this morning when I took my '14 out to run errands! Stay warm!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 06:48 pm:

Val - here in Jacksonville this afternoon we had nickel sized hail a very rare occurance

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 07:34 pm:

Here's my 1911 sometime after 1935:

: ^ (

Here's my 1915 a few years ago:

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 08:05 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 11:36 am:

We just got hit with another round of snow last night and it looks to be at least a fourteen inches deep. That won't impress you guys in Wyoming and the Dakotas, but in my neck of the woods, that's a lot of snow.

Val, the YouTube link was Anne Murray singing "Snowbird." Figured it was appropriate. My wife is also "snowbirding" this week. She's in Boca Raton visiting relatives. I'm here, holding down the fort, watching the flakes fall and making lots of hot cocoa. Gonna have the other knee replaced in February, a 2-month ordeal to which I'm not looking forward, but once it's done, it's done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 11:41 am:

It's not bad enough to have 10" of snow on the ground but having it inside the car too is over the top! And you just expected it to happen back then. BUURRRRR!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 11:42 am:

Bob:

Here at the Jersey shore, we had an average of 10"....and dry snow, with the wind blowing not much left at our home.... cleared off the cars with a leaf blower. Schools closed, may attempt a T ride in the neighborhood.

Bob J.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 11:56 am:

Bring on the cold, but not without these!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 01:11 am:

I got in that much snow on trip to Saratoga Wyoming to check on some items for a Colorado/Wyoming tour. I was in my 24 coupe and went to bed and woke up next morning to 10 inches of snow on top of the T. There is a fairly steep hill leading out of town but I managed to fish tail it to the top then I was on level ground to River side. I stopped for coffee and a guy that had been following me in a new car pulled in behind me and came into the coffee shop. He wanted to know all about my T and where I was going. He told me he was restoring his first T, a 26 roadster. He paid for my cinnamon role and coffee and left. I didn't know it but he was out south of town and stopped to take pictures of me going through the snow. I thought that if it was till snowing that hard I would never make it over Cameron Pass at 10,216. When I got into Colorado it quit snowing and I made it over the pass OK.
Despite the snow I made it 200 miles to home, that day.

Riverside Snow

Riverside Snow Back

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Klehfoth on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 10:46 am:

The newest donation to the Model T Ford Club of America and the Model T Museum. Enjoy!

MP4 20140119_112648.mp4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Klehfoth on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 10:50 am:

Let's try it again.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9qwoxvrq4ds4vfp/20140119_112648.mp4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By frank b on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 01:45 pm:

What's a little snow, perfect speedster weather!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration