Bolts to hold on '23 turtle deck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Bolts to hold on '23 turtle deck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 02:45 pm:

are the 4 bolts inside the turtle deck that hold the 4 tabs to the wood decking carriage bolts?

Are they 1/4" or 3/8 carriage?

If so, do they come up from the bottom?

Or are they standard bolts?

nothing left on mine to determine, and it's going back together and want to be sure...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 05:38 pm:

I used 5/16 carriage bolts, Head on top with nut on the bottom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 08:54 pm:

Scott,

The Bolt is a Carriage Bolt, 5/16"-18 x 1-1/4" Long. Has the typical square under the head, the head is 3/4" x 1/8" tall.

The Nut is Square, 5/16"-18 with 9/16" across the flats, 1/4" tall with chamfer.

The Lock Washer is 9/16" x 1/16" Thick.

I don't have documentation of the direction of the head and nut, but since the 5/16" flat washer is not listed as being used here, I can't say the nut is on the underside against the wood deck. It appears the nut and lock washer MAY go on the top inside the turtle deck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 06:07 am:

gentlemen

thank you so very much for the information. My car's wood was totally rotted out and many if not most fasteners were replaced through the years with obviously wrong ones. You've been a big help. Thanks again.

scott

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration