Something new followed me home

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Something new followed me home
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe raab on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 03:15 pm:

This followed me home yesterday so I opened up the garage and let it in.
I'm posting a few pictures to let you guys pick it apart and tell me what I've got.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 03:25 pm:

Demountables and improved wishbone. You're ready to tour. Does it go after you wind it up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 03:30 pm:

Well, anyone can tell you, it's a Tour.. Coup... Roadst... Seda...

IT'S A MODEL T!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 03:40 pm:

You need a top and turtle back cover. The snow might get inside the way it is now. By the way, it is not "something new". It is actually something old! :-) Looks good. Have much fun with it.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 03:53 pm:

I like it! Maybe a pair of '13 doors? But not sure what's just ahead of the doors,....between wood firewall and front edge of doors. You could name it "Betsy", but "Bitsy" would be a very descriptive name. Do you have any of the history of your cars "creation"? Many of us are criticized for having a wrong part or two on our cars, but I'm betting you won't get much of that with your car, as nobody'd know where to start! If you ever wanted to add your own personal "touch" to it, a little oak pick-up bed would sure make a cute little rig too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 04:10 pm:

How and where did it find you ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 04:14 pm:

It is an interesting body but I certainly wouldn't kick it out to the curb just because it isn't quite what Henry built. I think it's cute and could be a real fun car to tour/play with. No need to worry about what's correct, it may have well earned the modifications along the way. I hope it can be made reliable without too much effort.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 06:33 pm:

That looks like the car that was on ebay a few years ago except it was yellow. My personal theory was it was made from parts of a few cars. Doors and maybe pieces of cowl from a coupe or 4door with the tops cut off? Brass era radiator and fenders A 1920s chassis for ease of driving and repair and one electric headlight and one gas powered one maybe?.
Might be something someone put together with a piece from each year just to prove they could do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 07:14 pm:

Joe I changed my mind you keep the Ford sign I'll take the T ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 07:41 pm:

I'll second what Harold said, make a trip to Snyders and pick up an oak pickup bed for it. I sure love my little red '12 Commercial Roadster pickup. Cutest thing there is. (I'm biased)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 09:30 pm:

I like blends, you get the best of each year :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Markley on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 09:40 pm:

It looks like the old johnny cash song...maybe its from some assembly mans lunch box over the years?

The possibilities for it are great though...Just want to finish my 26 roadster in time for spring...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 10:29 pm:

Neat vehicle --

I'm trying to figure out how you got the snow to stick to the side walls! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 02:41 am:

I wouldn't mind at all if something like that followed me home. I could probably turn it into five different cars before I was done!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 07:59 am:

It's a bait car for the know it all at your next car show, you know the guy that is half your age and knows more about your "T" than you do and most of it is incorrect sit back smile and have fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 10:14 am:

Maybe an aftermarket body?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 01:53 pm:

Joe I have a lot of things that followed me home, but yours is a keeper, I like it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration