OT - Mystery of the Traub Motorcycle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - Mystery of the Traub Motorcycle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Adams on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 04:28 pm:

In 1967, a plumber doing renovations of an apartment building outside Chicago tore down a brick wall and found what would prove to be a baffling mystery to vintage motorcycle enthusiasts - a one-of-a-kind motorcycle bearing 1917 plates and the name "Traub". The building’s elderly owner admitted that his son had stolen the bike before going off to WWI, never to return. But where the bike came from and who made it remains a unknown to this day

Read more at: http://www.heavy.com/moto/2012/04/mystery-of-the-traub-motorcycle/
Click the videos
Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 04:48 pm:

Very interesting, I have passed this link across to some of the members in the Veteran Car Club of South Australia. They too will love it! Here in Australia we have many one-offs & low production vehicles too that make both our countries motorcycling history fascinating.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 04:50 pm:

I'll ask my buddy, Dana Traub, if it's his!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 06:13 pm:

Don't know too much about Traub motorcycles but at work we had a couple of Traub screw machines. Might be connected in the distance past.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration