1912 for sale in 1916-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1912 for sale in 1916-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 08:36 am:

Must have been an early form of ebay?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 09:01 am:

In 1916 a new Touring was $440. I don't know more about early used car prices in the US than what Rob has posted from 10 years earlier, but wouldn't $200 for a four year old Ford w/o top be a bit high?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 09:22 am:

I thought so too. But I suppose that was the
"asking price".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 09:51 am:

Mr. Johnson says he has the top. I assume it's included.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 09:56 am:

And the windshield is modernised. Great buy, really. But I think I would have washed the car before taking a picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 09:56 am:

The cars has accessory electric lights and some kind of seat covers which should increase the value some.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 09:57 am:

I haven't seen a '12 with a '13 windshield! Very interesting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 10:03 am:

With the electric lights maybe also a self commencer? Is it really a 12? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 10:07 am:

He has to have a high asking price because of the expensive electric lighting system, seat covers and windshield upgrade.

Good job on the windshield, Mr. J. Those rods really get in the way while working on the engine. But is the top a 1913 or 1914 top that will fit the new windshield configuration, or the old 1912 top, which will now be too far forward?

Must be an early-mid year '12 with the outside door handles and the outside horn tubing. I'll give you $175...

Nice photo Herb, thanks for sharing.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 11:33 am:

I called it a 12 because of the front door style.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration