Old Photo - In The Repair Shop

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - In The Repair Shop
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 09:59 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 10:06 am:

Neat picture. With the white painted walls and skylights, it's a lot brighter in there than most period garage photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 10:13 am:

A fancy Coupe with step plates and parking lights. Also nice HCCT. Repairing a '24 or '25 might have been taken late twenties or early 30's. The photo does have a newer look than the dingy shop photos on the teen's.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 10:15 am:

First thing that hit me too Derek. Clean, bright & painted. Note the HCCT on the bench on the left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 12:28 pm:

My last shop was uninsulated and unfinished on the inside. Bare studs and trusses with garage doors with tracks that paralled the ceiling. When the doors were open, they blocked the light from the overhead flourescents. It was a learning experience. My present shop has insulated walls with white wall board (Can use dry erase markers on it) and sheet rock ceilings painted white. The garage doors are a true roll up type that roll into a coil just above the door. The light inside the shop is not even in the same ball park as my other shop. Both shops had four 2 tube flourescent fixtures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J Williams on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 03:45 pm:

I like the portable crane In the far end of the pic. I know a guy that has a couple of those for sale but they are bigger than
Those in the pic.i think they are out of a factory.they would
Take al lot of room in shop but might make a good wrecker
Boom for a truck.made buy Manley mfg!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 04:17 pm:

Jay
For obvious reasons I have a copy of that photo hanging on the wall of my shop.
Ron the Coilman

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration