Dual Fuel intake manifold--ebay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Dual Fuel intake manifold--ebay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steve miller- mississauga,ontario on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 10:00 am:

I have seen tractors with dual fuel setups but a T?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOLLEY-BROS-Dual-GAS-KEROSENE-Carburetor-Manifold-FORD-M ODEL-T-for-Restore-/271329480457?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 10:09 am:

I don't get how it works. It appears to have four manifold ports that would match up to a T's exhaust ports but how is fuel/air introduced to the intake ports? Is it not actually for a T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 10:18 am:

Must be missing a part or two. I know my exhaust pipe won't fit that right.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 10:23 am:

Most likely for a pump, combine, or some other use than in a car. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 10:28 am:

Maybe originally it was in two parts like the Vaporiser or Kingston Gasifier and now the intake with the venturi part of the carburator is missing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 10:52 am:

If it is for a T, and the owner doesn't appear to be certain himself, there has to be missing parts. Mysterious. Can't see how it works either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 11:00 am:

at 750 bucks, who cares what it is!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 11:02 am:

Tried google. ng. I suppose it's the same Holley and they do have a history with Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 11:17 am:

You'd have to have CHUMP tattooed on your forehead to shell out 750 bucks for that wall hanger!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 11:21 am:

Here's a not so good pic. KGB

(Message edited by admin on January 22, 2014)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 11:30 am:

Oh yeah, there's the intake connection shown in the last photo in the ad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 12:10 pm:

Richard Eagle "nailed it"! Thanks to Keith's post, it becomes obvious that as Richard said, it is indeed "missing a few parts". Thanks Keith for your research and post, it clears up the "mystery"! The seller should have posted the same, or, similar Holley picture and information that Keith posted to properly represent the item he's selling just as he did, except to explain that the unit is NOT COMPLETE! Another case of,...."BUYER BEWARE".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 12:27 pm:

Heres some photos of mine. I would take 749.50 for mine ..... any takers ....... no fighting over it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 12:30 pm:

intake

intake 2

intake 3

intake 4

intake 5

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 12:41 pm:

Great photos Donnie, Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 12:58 pm:

I'm curious - As far as I can tell, the lower casting is basically just a float bowl probably with two chambers, one for gasoline and one for kerosene. Liquid fuel is drawn up through the exhaust heat to the carburetor on top where it is aspirated and drawn into the intake manifold.

Assuming I'm close in my thinking about how it works, why heat the fuel? I always thought that internal combustion engines, once warmed up, run better with a cold fuel/air mixture.

Another question: Why did they cast the exhaust manifold in a manner that makes using the original T exhaust pipe impossible? Wouldn't it work the same if the casting had the outlet in the same place as a regular T manifold?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 01:17 pm:

Here's a unit from our collection that's a dual kero/gas intake/exhaust combo. This one looks like it would work better at vaporizing the kero then that Holley two piece unit. IMHO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 11:19 pm:

interesting but why were the messages edited?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan Bright on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 11:25 pm:

could it be for a reverse flow engine? swap the functions of the exhaust and intake valves?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration