I think a new picturre

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: I think a new picturre
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 11:33 pm:

This picture was taken at over 19,000 feet. I just got through shrinking it, so I don't think I have had it one the Forum before. Its at Rock Cut on Trail Ridge overlook. The picture was taken in May.

12 at Rock Cut

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 11:54 pm:

Dave,
Nice photo but I think you are a little over on your elevation. The highest point on the Trail Ridge Rd is 12,183 and that is in open tundra.

Rock Cut is 12,090 ft elevation.

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 12:12 am:

Details details details.

Jim - Dave is most likely using 1.3087 miles below sea level as a datum point.

In any case the car looks great! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 12:14 am:

Jim, Thanks it looks like I hit the wrong button again. Once you get to Rock cut you are getting close to the top. You even get to go downhill for a little ways before you start the final climb to the top.

Rock Cut Again

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 12:27 am:

While I am at it I have a picture of my 24 coupe, taken on 6/10/08 at Rock Cut. Its only one of two of my Ts that made it to top without ever using low pedal. I have used low pedal in the rest of my Ts in several places.

24 coupe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 01:39 pm:

Dave,
Looks like 1912 Tourabout. Is that a Ford body or an aftermarket body/back seat. I have an aftermarket body like that I want to put on a 1912 running gear and am needing information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 01:40 pm:

The tourabout was only offered in 1910 model year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 01:49 pm:

Wow, That must have been great, Having asthma I'm not sure I could breath at that altitude but it would be a trip to remember.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 04:55 pm:

Royce, you are right about the Ford made Tourabout. The body I have is clearly not Ford factory made. I was told that it was possibly made by Hercules and sold through Sears. I have yet to find any evidence to support this claim.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration