OT - What are these tools

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - What are these tools
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 03:55 pm:

I found a couple tools in some other things I bought and do not know what they are. The micrometer/adjustable tool appears to be for a drill or?? It has a knurled collar that is spring loaded. You pull the collar back (similar to a air hose quick coupling)to adjust the micrometer adjustment and it returns to a locked position after adjusting. The shaft turns all the way thru the tool and the end of the shaft is threaded up inside the base/foot area with what appears to be a 1/4 NF female thread. It has the name "Shrillo" a winged Diamond logo, with an S in the shield. and No. 6400 Los Angeles stamped in it. The other tool is marked No 115, Point Aligning Tool, KD Mfg., Lancaster PA. Pat. No. 2283723 Im not sure of the pat No as it is hard to read...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 03:58 pm:

tooltool 2tool 3tool 4tool 5tool 6

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 04:07 pm:

The first tool is for counter sinking aircraft flathead rivets. It is missing the cutting head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 04:46 pm:

KD Tool

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/pdfs/US22 83789.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 07:15 pm:

Thanks: It didn't take long for the gurus to answer. I love this forum .... lots of knowledge here. "Art" I like the patent info. Im going to make copies and put with my new tool.... Bruce: I assume the cutter is like a wood screw countersink that is threaded to fit the threads on the shaft .??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 07:26 pm:

The first tool is used to control the depth of countersinking a screw or rivet hole, or to control cutting depth of a rivet shaving tool. It is called a "Micro Stop".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 07:27 pm:

Here is a sample from Aircraft Spruce website.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 12:31 pm:

I'm going to ask - is there any value in those countersink tools? I have about 10 of them that my work was pitching a few years ago - thought I'd t-bay them and buy more T Tools.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 01:41 pm:

I have two of the countersink tools and about 20 of the cutters in various sizes. They're real handy if you're a fabricator but become a drudgery to set up for one hole. I don't remember what I paid for mine on Ebay but it wasn't much. It was way back when there was tons of aircraft tooling going for cheap. I got my 5x riveter and a drawer full of dies and sets for pennies on the dollar. Most all of them were new or like new. When Boeing "scaled back" in Washington state, I think every shop within a 100 miles started dumping tools.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration