Tool identification

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Tool identification
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 04:54 pm:

Can anyone tell about the tool I found? It came with my 1916 Touring but since it wasn't Ford scripted I never thought much about it. I'm assuming it's a tire changing tool since it says "U-WANTA PIERCE TIRE TOOL" on it. I haven't been able to find anything on the web about it and was thinking about selling it.Old Tool

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Mahaffey on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 05:16 pm:

"U-WANTA PIERCE TIRE TOOL" appears to be a tool used to pierce holes in tires, if you should want to do so. ;-} Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 05:36 pm:

It is used to move the inner tube away from the Rattlesnake. We use them quite frequently where I live.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 06:42 pm:

Looks like Clyde made some changes but didnít bother to apply for a new patent . . .

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/pdfs/US12 37553.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 09:01 pm:

That is the Tire Plow.

Plant the end and the lever engages the tire edge, and rotate the wheel and the tools levers off the clincher tire casing.

1913 Auto Supply Co, NY

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 12:29 am:

Yep, you can throw away those tire irons. Then pray to the Model T Gods you don't have a punctured tube and the nail is no longer in the tire. And remember there's no air necessary in that new inner tube.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Mullis on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 09:32 am:

I want one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 09:40 am:

I'll bet the paint on your rims doesn't look very good when done using it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 09:41 am:

It looks like they would be hard on the wheel paint.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration