Another one runs again- it never gets old!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Another one runs again- it never gets old!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 12:46 am:

Just last night we started up a long dormant old car, not run in decades. It's a 1922 Buick, OT, sorry, but the thrill is always the same. 60 hours or better spent to make it happen, more yet to be done, but worth it all the same. We have done it many times, mostly model T's, but we never get tired of taking an old car out on the road for the the first time since air was clean and sex was dirty. I cranked this one up for the first time since the Ford administration, I think. (Gerald, not Henry)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 02:12 am:

Video? Pictures?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 03:23 am:

Said Buick is in a museum house; it was the car the homeowners used. While they had money, they were most frugal. The last one passed away in 1961, the family auction off most everything, except the house and grounds which were specified to be given to the city for a park. Some locals bought the car, and "fixed it up" but it hasn't run since the 1960s or early 70s--and anyone who would remember why it stopped being used has passed away. Erik has done a yeoman's job bring it back to life! All this with the engine still in the car too!
Erik, the Friends of the Park and the City Museum Docents will be deeply indebted to you for bringing this piece of their community's history back to life!
I am too!
David D.
I was the curator for this museum until last July. now there is no curator.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration