Piston/ cylinder clearance

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Piston/ cylinder clearance
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 03:30 am:

I was reading in a 1926 Dykes Encyclopedia about "T" Ford blocks and pistons. It explains that the Ford blocks were 3 3/4 (3.750) and the clearance of .003 was applied to the piston @3.747 and any oversize pistons are based on the 3.747. Therefore a ten over would measure 3.757 and so-on. I just received from MTFA a pamphlet on Model "T" engine rebuilding that contradicts that, it stated the clearance is applied to the block and not to the piston, am I missing something?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerry van Ekeren (Australia) on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 03:43 am:

Round cast iron pistons are easy to size, cam ground alloy pistons for today's rebuilds are not, so easier to make the bore to match.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration