1915 Touring Side Curtains...How do they attach to the car?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1915 Touring Side Curtains...How do they attach to the car?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Dragone on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 11:27 am:

On my 1915 touring I have these brackets that attach to the doors, I am guessing that they were aftermarket. How do the side curtain rods originally attach to the doors? I will post pictures of the brackets on my doors soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 12:01 pm:

1915 factory side curtains do not attach to the doors.

They attach to the inside of the top, top bows and the armrests via murphy fasteners and around the sidelamp brackets via straps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 09:08 pm:

I've got a 1926 - 27 side curtain rod on my '15. It allows the passenger door curtain to open the curtain with the door. There is a loop of side curtain material that is sewn to the back side of the curtain. The rod slips into it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Dragone on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 08:41 am:

Thanks guys for the info. The small brackets that were on my doors were aftermarket. Thanks, Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 09:43 am:

I suggest you get the prints from the Benson Ford Research Library. Your car uses mostly common sense fasteners, and many of them were installed as the top was ORIGINALLY being made. If you have a replacement top, it is doubtful your fasteners are in place. I've been this route, and it can be done if you want to get it right. It is gratifying to do all this, and if you are able to do it yourself, so much the better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 10:11 am:

Royce -- There you go again, "hot rodding" your '15 with later parts! :-)

Actually, that looks like a good idea to me. The curtains make a world of difference when it's cold and/or wet, but they're a PITA on tours when you're getting in and out often, with the stock setup. I think I might "borrow" that idea for the one I'm building now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 10:54 am:

The late 25s have the same set up but only on three doors. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 11:14 am:

I agree Mike. I thought Royce was a hard core member of ""The Correct Police". '26 parts on a '15, naughty naughty naughty. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 12:08 pm:

Dave,

While I like to know what is correct and answer questions about what is correct you will find my Ts are heavily enhanced with accessories and modifications that enhance drivability, reliability and functionality. Like making it possible for my wife to get out of the car without having to unfasten the side curtain, for example.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration