Old Photo - Daryl And His Other Brother Daryl And A Torpedo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Daryl And His Other Brother Daryl And A Torpedo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 11:45 am:

Trick photography or twins?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 11:58 am:

There is a very similar photo on page 197 of Bruce McCalley's Model T Ford book. The photo in the book has a 1915 touring and is said to be a "trick" photo. The guys (actually guy) in your photo and the one in the book could easily be the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 12:02 pm:

The fact that they are both dressed the same might support that theory. I'd love to have the car but I would straighten the side lamps.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 12:41 pm:

Identical twins?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 12:58 pm:

Trick photo. You can see the overlap in the middle. There's many ways to do that depending on the camera format and developer. Today, it's even easier with digital photo editors as common as chewing gum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 01:44 pm:

Look at the window in the house in the background which appears just above the steering wheel. Notice it is not registered perfectly nor are the tree limbs and leaves in that same area. I have often reassembled "tiled" Ford drawings from the Benson Research Center and it is very difficult to scan a large print and then print it in 8-1/2 x 11 papers to then scan again and reassemble into the final print. You generally will have at least a few "fat" lines that didn't exactly register.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 03:01 pm:

I can see the Klaxon mounted down below the side lamp.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 11:00 am:

With the old box camera on a trypod the shutter was opened and closed manually the first opening and closing with the chap in the car, then the second opening and closing with him standing in front. then the film would be advanced. There is slight evidence of over exposure from the double opening. With a newer camera (60s) a bit trickier, take the photo, and rewind the film one frame and retake it a second time. I have done this for fun and it works.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration