On E-Bay, Today.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: On E-Bay, Today.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 08:32 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111261050367

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 08:43 pm:

Looks original at first glance but the top is the wrong year and an incorrect finish on the wheels. Water pump too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 09:01 pm:

It's well worth the reserve price. Looks like a real '15 from what I can see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 09:16 pm:

Yep, the seller says it's a 1915 registered as a 1914. It looks good to me, but what's that thing on top of the engine in the view from the left side?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 09:21 pm:

Some sort of a non Ford horn I think

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 09:21 pm:

Spark plug whistle

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 10:13 pm:

Notice the crease in the splash aprons....that were a topic of discussion a week or so ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 10:29 pm:

Has smooth peddles vice scored. Otherwise, looks original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 10:47 pm:

The peddles are correct ribbed if you zoom the pic. Also has correct horn button. I think it is a very correct early 15. Being titled as a 14 is a common thing to happen. A lot of cars were pre dated by the revenue title person. If you bought your new 1915 model T in the last months of 14 (after Aug) your car usually was titled as a 1914. I wish it was closer to me ... and it has a ruxtell .......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 11:19 pm:

I don't know how "original" it is. Ruckstell (newer paint than anything else), refinished wheels, later top, also a later steering column! Notice the larger wire tube.
The open '15 style Ts did not come out early enough to be titled as '14s when they were new. However, that is not a problem when you consider that many states did not require registration till some years later. When some cars were finally registered, the year was often assigned by failing memories or poor guesswork.
Overall, it looks like a pretty good T. I wish I could afford it.
drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 11:20 pm:

Double wishbone, too. If I had the time, space, and money...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 11:21 pm:

looks like a 16 in the casting date. but I would still take it.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 02:32 am:

All it really needs is a BLO Scrub. I would try to leave as much AS-IS . But thats just me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 08:12 am:

The engine block casting date is 1 4 16. Other details on the car point to a summer of 1915 build such as the three rivet front fenders and the two rivet rear fenders. Like many 1916 - 22 Model T's, this one has been made into a '15 perhaps to gain eligibility to the HCCA by a prior owner.

Still a great looking car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 09:58 am:

The steering column is a '26 or '27 if I'm seeing it right. Square flange where it is bolted to the fire wall. And horn tube. Also looks like red paint under the rear fenders?
I really enjoy the ebay photos and would have missed these.
Thanks Bob.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 10:16 am:

This was T that was used over the years and when parts needing replacing the owner went to the wrecking yard and found parts that would fit. He wasn't concerned about keeping things completely original as far as the correct year was concerned. Hence the upgraded 26 steering column.
Many T's that were in daily use are this way.
A really good car to restore or just keep the way it is to drive and enjoy.
Pretty much original and a good one at that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 10:45 am:

The engine number dates to Feb. 10, 1915, according to Bruce's book. Since it has a later cast date, it probably was replaced at some point. Folks didn't know much about antifreeze back then, so that's not uncommon. And it probably would have gotten a new engine from the dealer if it happened in the winter of '15/16, when the car was still relatively new.

If I had lots of money, I'd buy it. But that's not the case, so I won't. (But if I did, I'd paint the wheels black. :-) ) It would be a fun car to work with, for sure. Mikey likes it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 12:53 pm:

Feb. 10 15 t0 Jan 4 16 seams like a long time to age the block when you are building a 1000 cars a day. there may have been a one taken off the casting date, then renumbered.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 02:34 pm:

My '14 speedster has a 26-27 steering column because of the upgraded 5:1 ratio.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 10:27 pm:

Charley -- What I meant was that the car's original engine was assembled on Feb. 10, 1915, then later it was replaced by an engine from a dealer which had a Jan. 4, 1916 cast date. The usual practice was to stamp the newer replacement engine with the car's original engine number.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration