Who also own a DODGE BROTHERS and MODEL T ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Who also own a DODGE BROTHERS and MODEL T ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 09:09 am:

Who has photographs of their Dodge Brothers and Model T's ?

1927 Fordor Model T
1927 Touring Model T
1923 Touring Dodge Brothers
1920 Touring Dodge Brothers

Am a fan of Henry Ford and Dodge Brothers...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 09:57 am:

1927 sport touring, Model T Montgomery Ward tractor conversion, Speedster project, 1926 Dodge Brothers type B Business Sedan. Im probably going to get crucified over this but the Dodge is 1 year older than my T touring and it is a far better car than the T. I know it cost a little more but not that much more for what you got. I like the Ts better for what they are and represent, but it is interesting to see the comparison. Ive wondered what the model T would have been if the Dodge Brothers stayed with Ford and Henry and the Dodge Brothers worked well together instead of in competition ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Arnold on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 10:12 am:

I HAVE 1 28 CHRYSLER MODEL 62. JUST GOT THE ENGINE RUNNING BUT STILL A LONG WAY TO GO FOR THE ROAD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 10:28 am:

I have the following:

1915 Dodge Brothers 20-35 touring
1911 Ford Torpedo Runabout
1922 Ford Centerdoor

The DB and the Torpedo in comparison are like night and day. When I feel lazy, the DB with electric start, lights and a nice heavy smooth ride is the way to go. When I want quicker steering, more snap and accelleration and that "old car feel", the Torpedo is the one. Both are a pure joy to drive. The '22 is an old barn find from PA and hope to be running later this year.

1915 DB
1911 Torpedo
1922 Centerdoor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Pitts on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 11:09 am:

Hey Les that Torpedo looks nice enough to be on the cover of a book.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 11:13 am:

No kidding, Les. That's one nice looking car! Do you employ one or two full time brass polishers? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 11:26 am:

Les -- What is that next to the Dodge in your first pic?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 12:55 pm:

If you own a Ford there is a little Dodge DB in all of us.Maby that is why there are flare up's from time to time? Winter suck's! Pushing snow and the left brake locked on the backhoe.The 1999 F 250 hauler now has battle scars!! Winter suck's!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 01:08 pm:

I've got a 1926 Dodge Brothers four door DeLuxe Sedan and a 1914 T touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 02:29 pm:

No Dodge Brothers but a '53 Coronet V8.
Here's a 20 years old photo - didn't have a garage back then :-(
coronet

My T Project still looked like this back then:

t project start

Thanks to this forum and all the participants I got inspired to do something about that mess of rust while the Coronet rests waiting for me to get some spare time.. Looks like it'll have to wait some more - T's are more fun and tends to multiply in the garage :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 04:16 pm:

'25 T with an original after-market canopy express body on passenger car chassis (looking for a new home).

'26 T Touring (see profile photo)

'27 Dodge Brothers type 124 Business Sedan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 04:29 pm:

I have an early '16 T touring, and a May '16 DB touring--I have hopes to have both running for their 100th B-day, but time is getting short!16 db

16 T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 09:09 pm:

Mike
The car next to the Dodge Brothers is a 1906 Queen model "K" touring. Unrestored, down to the original paint and pinstriping. 4-cyl -30hp, but pretty powerful. There was thread about these last year.

And yes, I should own stock in Brasso.....

1906 Queen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 09:18 pm:

Les -- Thanks for that info. What a wonderful car! One of our regular posters in Canada has a nicely restored Queen about that vintage, except without the tonneau. I'm sure he'll be interested to see that last pic you posted. There can't be a large number of Queens still around. (Except in San Francisco. :-) )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don ellis on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 09:44 pm:

I have four t's and one dodge. 1924 screenside delivery, also known as a commercial car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 10:12 pm:

i have a 27 dodge 4dr. once i was at an auction 300 miles from home, didnt get the ww2 half track i went for, and was just about to leave when the dodge came up. it was running, and the bidding stopped at 150 bucks! well, we cant let that go, so i got it for 200. now as you may guess, she aint much of a honey at that price, but i thought i could have some fun with it any way. the body had been sawed off just behind the front doors, and then it was a power unit for a while with belt pulley still on rear wheel, then at some point they said" by golly we otta fix up that old car" and welded the back half back on. my intent was to take it back off and make a pickup to bother the neighbors with...but, too many projects, and now it sits waiting for a new home. any one need a new project?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 10:27 pm:

Minnesoata Clayton? Hum,our old engine 2 is headed out there next week from the fire department
Cant remember the town name but it is small aparrently.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Geisler on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 12:56 am:

I got an old Maxwell... Does that count????? 1908.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 02:52 am:

I've got 2 34 Dodge Brothers, a coupe and a roadster. Also 5 T's from 09 to 15. Here's a few pictures of some of them
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 03:13 am:

I have a 1920 Dodge Brothers touring and several T's I also own a 1921 Buick roadster, 1919 Oldsmobile 7 pass touring and a very rare 1911 Modoc touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 02:11 pm:

This is my '25 Dodge Sedan....... :-)

1925 dodge Sedan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 03:25 pm:

I always liked early Dodges. When I was young one of our neighbors had a beautifully restored 1916 Dodge touring and it seemed like a great running car.

We have an early Dodge engine I took off a home made farm corn grinder. I'll look for the block number and post it next week when I'm back home, maybe someone can make use of it. I took it apart thirty years ago, cleaned it up and put it back together, so it may be a good engine (or not).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 04:54 pm:

Rob - I agree! The '20 Dodge Touring that Mike Conrad mentioned above is sure a big, heavy, nice riding and good sounding solid, solid car! Thank goodness I'm out of storage room or I'd be looking for one!

Mike Conrad - Have you seen the Dodge Touring that Nick Nicoletta has? Nick showed it to me awhile back, but I could only see the front of it as it's crammed into that small garage with stuff around it. You should consider buying that car from him Mike, as I'm pretty sure Nick's never going to get around to that "project" as he has so many other projects. I can't remember what year it is but it sure looks like about the same "vintage" as yours,.....obviously needs restoration, but it sure looks like a solid car,.....brought this up here Mike 'cause I don't think Nick has his computer anymore so he probably won't see this,....ha,ha,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 06:23 pm:

A neighbor has a '26 Dodge Sedan and a '23 Ford roadster. He keeps telling me he can't find anyone who can rebuild coils anymore for the '23. I keep telling him they're very rare and maybe he should sell me the car for junk price and I'll take it off his hands. After all there's no reason he should have to have the piece of junk filling up space in his shed. I've been suggesting it to him for almost 20 years but without success. If I do someday influence him to sell it to me is that a little bit like extortion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 07:47 pm:

1928 Victory 6

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 09:53 pm:

Lol! Harold I Sold that car to Nick after owning it for a year, its a real mix bag of parts and tough restoration project. I never could see doing all that work just to have a car that looks the same as the car I already have. At the early bird swap meet coming up we will have collection of early Dodge Brothers on display I will have the 20' there. 2014 Marks one hundred years for dodge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 11:33 pm:

Mike - Well! I guess that shows how much (or how little) I know, huh? Like I said, I could only see the very front of that car when Nick showed it to me. Hey, maybe you should have kept the right/rear fender before you sold it to Nick, huh? Ha,ha,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 12:34 am:

We have a 1916 DB made the first week of January that year. I has or had all the features (disadvantages, really) of the late 1915 cars. When I bought the car there were two spare rear axle shafts under the seat, because that cone clutch was brutal. Once I rebuilt the engine and swapped in a 1917 tranny with the disc clutch, it is a joy to drive. A wonderful tour car. It is a bunch more car than a model T, and it cost more. The Dodge brothers are said to have started their own car company because they said sooner or later all these model T drivers will want a real car. Just like the model T, the first DB's were so well engineered they were produced for almost as many years with no major changes.
Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 05:32 pm:

Except for the cone clutch! Eh, Erik? Now did you do at Turlock?
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 06:07 pm:

We did well at Turlock, given that it is not much of a T meet anymore. Probably because we had a very high percentage of the T parts there. Kim Dobbins was very fair to us on a bunch of stuff he took home. On some parts he informed me my price to low and made a fairer offer. People come no better than that. True integrity. We also made some good buys on some T stuff.
We will be taking this load to Bakersfield, clearly a better venue for it. We will have the open valve T engine running there. Looking forward to seeing all of you there.
Fordially Erik

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration