Early 1920s Ford with pedals

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Early 1920s Ford with pedals
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Barrette on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 04:47 pm:

Hello,

I have been asked to find information about a specific model of Ford that was made in the early 1920s and that was commonly called Ford with pedals. I have been told the term was used mostly by older people. Any information would be welcomed, either about the car, but also about why the term 'with pedals' was used. When I looked for info on specific models of Ford in those years, I only saw the Model T, but I saw that some chassis could be used by independent coach-builders. So I'm wondering if that could b the reason the term is not commonly found on the internet, like it would be a model made by an independent...

Researcher

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Dragone on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 05:01 pm:

The only car produced by Ford in the early 1920's was the Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 05:18 pm:

I drove Dad's Fordor to a gathering of Chevies at one of the stops on their 100th anniversary tour. Parked right up front, and one old timer asked me "Is that a pedal car?" I told him no, I wind it up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 05:22 pm:

Hello David To help you out The ford with pedals is every ford from late 1908 to 1927,most people I talk to today remember the 1920 and onward. I have a 1912 and it has 3 pedals no gear shift thus to someone in there 80s describing this car to someone in there 20s with out pictures would say the Ford With pedals. Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Barrette on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 05:37 pm:

Thanks a lot Collin for your big help and great pictures of your great looking car that explained very well. Cheers. David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 12:06 am:

So if I install a Ruckstel or a Warford with a shift lever, would you still call it a car with pedals?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 04:20 am:

Yes Dave, it still has the pedals<g>. Dave

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration