Splash apron

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Splash apron
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 06:51 pm:

Hi all! can anyone identify the year of this apron? thanks for your help.my car is a 24 tudor. Ken splash apron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 06:55 pm:

The front holes are for low radiator and High, looks more like a sedan fender.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 07:16 pm:

Hard to tell for the light but a sedan has a squared off style apron. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 07:20 pm:

Thanks Joe! could this apron be for a 23 or a 24 tudor sed? this apron was on my car when I bought it and looked like a nice fit. the reason I am asking is I was was looking to buy one for the passenger side and the aprons listed for a 24 tudor sed don't look like mine, but the catalog pictures aren't to clear. thanks, Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 07:20 pm:

Keith,25 was ,I believe, the first year for the squared off apron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 07:23 pm:

this apron is rounded from front to rear, Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 09:09 pm:

Shield, not apron. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 10:01 pm:

Rootlieb reproduction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 10:09 pm:

Mike! thanks for the part name correction. Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 12:29 am:

Rootlieb calls them splash aprons and the one you have pictured is a 17-23 sedan. The 24 is quite different. Rootlieb reproduces all the models of "aprons", they are in Turlock CA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 12:33 am:

Just Google "Rootieb model t slash aprons" and they are all pictured there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 12:39 am:

Tom is using the wrong terminology!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 09:16 am:

Jack, my 24 tudor has them, and they are shown in Bruce's book, page 341. I have the original ND paper work that shows engine # for April of 24. Lots of controversy over 23-25 sedans as they were making many changes during this time period. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 11:36 am:

I have been a T owner of a 24 tudor for almost two years now and over that period of time and research for correctness to my car, I think the splash aprons have the most controversy of what is correct for it. I have seen a lot of 23- 24 and 25 T`s with both styles. Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 12:24 pm:

Apron or shield are readily interchangeable:
A SHIELD is intended to protect, such as engine shields to protect the engine from debris and foreign matter.
APRON can be used in several contexts, in the case of a Model "T" the most appropriate is to protect the undercarriage from view, similar to covering a table with an APRON to cover the table legs and persons legs from view. Apron seems to be the most appropriate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 12:26 pm:

I owned a completely original '25 Tudor and it had squared splash shields.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 12:51 pm:

Here's a brand new one.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration