Carb and spark rod questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Carb and spark rod questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 09:37 pm:

Anyone know when Ford stopped using the ball and socket end to the spark rod? The carburetor rod?
I don't think they were superseded the same year, but I would like to get it right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 10:04 pm:

My 21 still had the ball socket at the rod end for the spark when I got it and just the bent rod for the throttle. I would have to get my title but off the top of my had I think it was a Sept or Oct build date for my coupe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 10:29 pm:

14 i believe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan Bright on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 10:35 pm:

My 20 does not have them... but its a speedster too... so who knows whats "right" on that car. It had two different style firewall brackets for heavens sake... and a steel firewall... enough said?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 10:45 pm:

opps, 14 last of threaded on ball socket?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 10:54 pm:

All ball/sockets were threaded on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 11:02 pm:

never mind

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 12:30 am:

I just checked my '17 parts book, and they were still using them then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 12:32 am:

FORGOT! The '17 parts book still shows the threaded throttle end, but doesn't list it, so apparently it was dropped by '17.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 01:43 am:

From the encyclopedia
COMMUTATOR
1909-1921
Ball joint swivel joint at steering column end, threaded on control rod.

1920-1927
Swivel eliminated; now just a plain rod, bent to fit. (Both types were used in 1920-21.)

CONTROL RODS
(Also see Steering Column)
CARBURETOR(Throttle)
1909-1915

Two piece with L shaped adjuster, threaded on, at carburetor end.

1915-1927
Adjuster eliminated, rod now just a bent piece.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration