Time Line Of American Automobiles

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Time Line Of American Automobiles
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 11:42 pm:

Interesting evolution of out automobiles. The first mention of a Ford is in 1893.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_North_American_automobiles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 11:44 pm:

Correction, 1896

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 12:01 am:

"produced for the general public"? I don't think so. The Quadricycle wasn't for sale. It was a few years before Ford started selling any cars.

I didn't see any mention of "America's First Car".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 01:21 am:

Many marks not included, even top 10 producers of their time. Charmers, Maxwell, dodge Brothers...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 01:49 am:

"Concept cars and submodels are not listed unless they are themselves notable."

Surely the quadricycle would be considered a "concept car", no?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 01:53 am:

Seems rather odd that Mercedes would have allowed Daimler to make licensed copies that would have competed directly against their import business of the real Mercedes cars.

Do any of the American Mercedes still exist? That would be interesting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 02:01 pm:

I have no idea who may have put that together? But it looks to be about the most convoluted and fractured mess I have ever seen on wikipedia! Hundreds of significant marques not mentioned at all. Skene? Who ever heard of a Skene? Even I have never heard of a Skene! Several makes they start out trying to list every model???? Packard, they began every model, then just stopped. I guess the other fifty years of Packard were not important enough. Okay, I didn't look all the way through. Then again, it looked like they were doing the same thing with Chevrolet. (Alright, that one might be excusable)
All in all, it looked like something put together by a ten-year-old.
It could be nice if properly done. But if they are going to list all models of even only well known makes, it would be a huge list.
Just me ranting. It has been a tough week. (Another of way too many)
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Shinta on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 03:25 pm:

I found this site somewhere and thought I would share .
It covers year by year pretty good I think .

http://www.earlyamericanautomobiles.com/americanautomobiles3.htm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration