Old Photo- On the way to his wedding.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo- On the way to his wedding.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 05:47 am:

Forgive me if I have already posted the picture below in recent times- I have inadvertently mixed up some of the photos, and I am not sure of which ones have yet to be posted.

Caption- "Harry Hancock, of Kapunda, on his way to the west coast to marry having problems with his early make Ford, his best man Bill Mutton is pushing the car and was eventually successful."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 07:27 am:

Dane,

Many of us do not see all the posting the first time (or even years later) and often, additional items are seen that were missed on a previous posting (i.e. like the Canadian 1915ish that had the front of the photo retouched at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/418340.html?1390712077 that photo had been reviewed a couple of times but many of us missed that it was apparently touched up front axle area).

Are you sending a note to the achieve that has the photo letting them know the car in the photo is a 1915-1916 model year style Canadian import Model T Ford touring? From what I see it has all the typical features of that location Australia; RHD; equal length windshield hinges, brass radiator, louvered hood,

Thank you and others for posting the early photos etc.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Eliason on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 02:22 pm:

Dane,
Being fairly new to the forum, I appreciate the chance to see things that may have also been posted before I joined. It's easy enough to skip over those we have seen before.

Thank you for posting items that we in the US would probably never otherwise see.
Brian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 11:40 pm:

I can't tell for sure, but it looks like the car may have fork-mounted headlamps also.
Great photo! I am pretty sure I remember seeing it before. But I never mind seeing them again, even several times. Thank you Dane and Hap! (And Brian E)
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 05:11 am:

Thanks for the comments, Gents. Yes I too like seeing photos again when they have been posted previously, and as Hap says, sometimes items missed before are revealed.

Thanks Hap, Museum already notified.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration