O T Trying to get information on JFK's license plate

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: O T Trying to get information on JFK's license plate
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 01:03 pm:

Back in the early 60's when JFK was running for office he was in Rockford, Il doing his campaign
all of the limo's went into the local dealership to change all the license plates so no one would know which car JFK was in. Soon after that my father rented out this building and cleaning upstairs when he found this license plate behind some shelving, we don't know if it was his or secret service, I have tried to find out about this plate for sometime, ( not real great on computers ), so I am asking for someone who knows hoe to find out, I know some of you on this forum are great, thanks Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 01:08 pm:

Its a 1966 - 72 plate. Must be a different JFK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 01:11 pm:

That's a 1966 through 1973 plate.

The JFK is just a coincidental sequence of letters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 03:21 pm:

I remember about '74 when JFK sequence came out in CA., the San Francisco area I think.
I still see them once in a while.

That's probably what happen with the plate above, some fellow saved it because of the JFK letters. Maybe even bought some place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 05:00 pm:

perhaps jfk airport had some special plates for the big wheels? just a thought

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 05:05 pm:

James Frederick Kilroy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 05:45 pm:

I would say it was on an airport limo that was part of a fleet for JFK airport.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 05:51 pm:

Jill's Fat Kiester?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 05:53 pm:

Jack's From Kansas. Oh wait Steve's from Kansas and that doesn't fit well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 05:53 pm:

Juanita Felicity Kent?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 08:26 pm:

I think it's a standard issue motorcycle plate from N.Y.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration