My 1919 side curtains

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: My 1919 side curtains
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 06:12 pm:

I made a set of side curtains for my 1919 touring. I wanted a set of side curtains that have large windows (Ford called them "lights") for excellent visibility. I also wanted to make getting in and out of the car easy. However, I also wanted them to have a period look. So this is what I designed:

Eventhough my 1919 has sidelamps, I added the windshield hooks.

There is a narrow panel between the front door area and the back door area.

There panels have zippers that unzip from the bottom. There are zipper tabs on the inside as well as the outside. Just unzip up, get in, and zip it back down.

Next I'll get a set for my 1915 runabout.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 06:16 pm:

Wow, great looking curtains, great job!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 11:35 pm:

Great side curtains.
I need to make some for my 1919 Hack.
The original ones are draped over the roof in this photo.
We are still looking for them at my parents but they seem to have disappeared.

I like the big expanses of clear windows in yours.
How thick is the clear vinyl?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 10:24 am:

Looks like they drove the tires off that Hack getting to the picnic! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 10:27 am:

Keith -- Thanks for showing us your solution to the problem. I'm now liking that method better than adding the post. Zip, zip! What could be easier than that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thompson on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 01:51 pm:

Looks good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 03:08 pm:

Nice job, Much better than mine are, But then mine are store bought .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, January 27, 2014 - 11:09 pm:

Fred-
I believe the vinyl is 20 gauge, or 0.020" thick. It was also available in 0.030", but I did not want them too stiff.

If I remember correctly, the thickness on some crispy originals I borrowed was 0.015"

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 02:16 am:

Keith Thanks -

Mike - The Picture was taken in the late 40's when the T was moved from a barn that had been sold to a shed.
The owner's grandson said that the tires were stolen during the war

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration